question about possible injury?

1. Exclamation question about possible injury?

I'm new to lifting so I may sound dumb but i had to cut my session short today because of this. I just got off of a 1 week break from lifting. I am about half way through my session and I"m doing my squats and on about my 5th squat i began to feel a throbbing sensation in the back of my head. It was so bad I just had to stop right there. Then after leaving the gym i'm in line at the grocery store to buy some milk and I notice my knees are slightly shaking. Any ideas?

2. Sounds like an exertion headache. If it goes away after you train, it's probably not a big deal. If it keeps happening every time you train, you should go and see a doctor.
    Are you carrying the bar too high on your squats (i.e. up on your neck)? Check your bar placement to make sure it's not contributing to the problem.
    •   

3. Thanks. The pain went away a half hour after I left the gym. I'll see if it comes back on Monday. I've been lifting for about a year and thats the first time it has ever happened. Also when I squat the bar is more on my shoulders and back than my neck. Just wondering, could it also be something with my CNS? I was just reading some things.. Thanks again.

4. Ive had similar a couple of times, just seems to be exertion related, one even lasted for around 24 hours after a particularly brutal squat challenge.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question on shoulder injury...
    By DeepDarkHills in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 12:21 AM
  2. injury question/opinion
    By beskar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. Injury question- Please Help
    By gotbench600 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9