cardio everyday?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
If I lift weights every other day in the morning, and then do cardio every night, will I be losing muscle? I'm not cutting my calories, still eating plenty of protein and very healthy, just doing more cardio lately. Also, I like to eat a snack before going to bed, should this be limited to protein, carbs, or anything as long as its rather small?

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Proteins and a little fat is good late at night.

Cardio every day is a little much. 4-5 times a week while cutting is good. 1-3 days while bulking (and some people do none). If your in maint. phase, I'd say 3-4 times a week would suffice.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I lift weights every other day in the morning, and then do cardio every night, will I be losing muscle? I'm not cutting my calories, still eating plenty of protein and very healthy, just doing more cardio lately. Also, I like to eat a snack before going to bed, should this be limited to protein, carbs, or anything as long as its rather small?
As long as you're consuming enough calories to cover the energy expenditure of living, resistance training and cardio, then there is no reason why you cannot do cardio every day and maintain your current muscle mass. However, you don't want to be doing hard or long cardio every day; I would recommend limiting cardio to 20-30 minutes per session, alternating HIT with recovery sessions.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am increasing my cardio...I have a bad habit of uh...overdoing cardio...just a wee bit...so i been resisting it. I have now added pasta to my every day meals for my bulk, so...cardio is now back in full swing :D I have found its hard to gain weight, so I just have to eat more and more with cardio. But I am not liking the stomach, so cardio is now a mandatory daily thing.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As long as you're consuming enough calories to cover the energy expenditure of living, resistance training and cardio, then there is no reason why you cannot do cardio every day and maintain your current muscle mass. However, you don't want to be doing hard or long cardio every day; I would recommend limiting cardio to 20-30 minutes per session, alternating HIT with recovery sessions.
Listen to her, I've done cardio past two days for around 30 mins with weight training and its killing me I'm upping my cals today.

I'm falling asleep at work haha waking up later all that jaz I think more cals would help and prolly carbs but other then that as long as you can hang your good. :wave2: