My full-body routine, based on my stats, need some input guys

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
stats: 5'11'' 200lbs age 24
max (free weights with barbell)
BP - 275lbs x3
Squat/Deadlift - 135lbs x 10, i was doing 300lbs but injured my back now twice and will probably never do very heavy deadlifts and squats although i do love them...
Seated Military Press: 205lbs x 3
Barbell Row (yates row) : 235lbs x 3

Monday: 5x5
Chest - bench press
Back - BB Yates Rows
Shoulders - Military press
Triceps - Weighted dips (these will be 3x10)
Biceps - Weighted Chin ups (these will be 3x10)
Legs- squats

Wednesday: 4x8
Chest - bench press
Back - BB Yates Rows
Shoulders - Military press
Triceps - Kickbacks (these will be 3x10)
Biceps - curls (these will be 3x10)
Legs- deadlifts

Friday: 3x12
Chest - bench press
Back - Machine rows
Shoulders - Side raises
Triceps - CG Bench Press (these will be 3x10)
Biceps - DB Curls (these will be 3x10)
Legs- squats

except for the accessory work all compounds will be based on the rep scheme listed above. I will pyramid the weight up and finish heavy. for example for bench, whatever I can do on my last set of 5 for monday lets say 5 x 265lbs, means I will be able to do 8 x 215lbs for my last set on wednesday and 12x 185 on friday for the last set and so forth for the rest of the main lifts. (im using madcows 5x5 excel doc for exact figures on rm's and lifts on differents reps, but for now have just arbitrarily listed some numbers to show whats the max i can lift based on different reps schemes.)

what do you guys thinks too much work....it seems my arms don't grow without some accessory work...i don't really ever do splits i try them for 3 weeks and feel like i am waiting to long to workout my body again, and with 4 day splits i always find it that my strength goes down.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Here is the first thing, do you have an injured back, or did you strain it because it is weak. I have seen very few actual back injuries in my life. Second is, i think it is a little too much for lets say the bench, unless you are going to stay submax at least one of the workouts, most likely two.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
Here is the first thing, do you have an injured back, or did you strain it because it is weak. I have seen very few actual back injuries in my life. Second is, i think it is a little too much for lets say the bench, unless you are going to stay submax at least one of the workouts, most likely two.
thanks, for some bumps on my thread guys

probably going to hard and lifting too much too soon on the squat but i just want to play it cautious, i have to save my back for later in life..i have the type of personality that sometimes over does things.

as far as bench, i could knock out the reps, my heaviest is monday with low reps, the other days its adjusted to what i think i can do with lower weight greater reps...pyramid style increasing about 20lbs every set.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
thanks, for some bumps on my thread guys

probably going to hard and lifting too much too soon on the squat but i just want to play it cautious, i have to save my back for later in life..i have the type of personality that sometimes over does things.

as far as bench, i could knock out the reps, my heaviest is monday with low reps, the other days its adjusted to what i think i can do with lower weight greater reps...pyramid style increasing about 20lbs every set.

If you actually strengthen your back, you will feel better. Worrying about a back and avoiding things is actually the worst thing you can do and it will hold you back. Try doing proper bent rows without a strong lower back, it is not going to happen.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If you actually strengthen your back, you will feel better. Worrying about a back and avoiding things is actually the worst thing you can do and it will hold you back. Try doing proper bent rows without a strong lower back, it is not going to happen.
AMEN! Learn how to do the forms properly, and don't get stupid with the weight. Lose the ego if it's in the way. You benefit more by doing lower weight and more QUALITY reps. If you aren't a competitive powerlifter don't worry about how much weight it is. Worry about how much work you are doing. How many reps were you doing with 300 when you got hurt? If you can get 10 proper, deep squats with 225 on an off day, forget about 300. I would not go lower than 6 quality reps on squats or deads. Your form will get perfect, you will get stronger and your other lifts and muscles will improve. Also, do you do any ABS? You need a strong core all the way around or it will screw you up down the road.