Bicep Peak Pics - AnabolicMinds.com

Bicep Peak Pics

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thumbs down Bicep Peak Pics

My biceps are like long flat plains. Are there specific exercises that give the Biceps that Peak or rounded shape?
    Here's some pics of the flatness.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

what kind of bicep excersises do you usually do?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dude is that a squirrel underneath your arm?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Oh yeah and concentration curls, preacher curls, isolate the bi's as much as possible to hit that peak. Hold at full contraction for a second or three before releasing. Also, switch up what exercises you are doing, if you keep doing the same thing you will probably keep getting the same results.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

Unless you plan on hitting a back double bi at the beach, why don't you just try and get them bigger.
  6. New Member

monkey curls dude. those work for me.

heyarnold
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by heyarnold View Post

heyarnold
    WTF is that?

Big arms, what size are they?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

concentration curls and preacher curls really helped mine.

Some of peak's are genetics though brah.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    lol
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    My biceps are like long flat plains. Are there specific exercises that give the Biceps that Peak or rounded shape?
    Here's some pics of the flatness.

You would be surprised at what you can get from curling 30 lb DB'S.
    Go for 4 set's of 10.
    Once your ok with that, "If your not there already"
    Do 5 sets, each until failure.
    Use a good pre workout supp to get a killer pump going.
    That will give you the rounded FX you are looking for.

TC Bro.

JP.
  11. New Member

Make sure you have rotation in some of your curls go from a hammer curl position at the bottom and rotate your palm toward the ceiling while you curl, past flush if you can. Arnold spoke of this one time and I started doing that with my curls and noticed a difference I hope that description is clear enough.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Here is my Bi, with my half finished tattoo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

My arm's measured 18" last week and I may have less peak than you. The longer the bicep goes towards your forearm the harder it is for it to peak. Shorter biceps are the ones you see with crazy peaks most of the time. Just keep getting them bigger then one day hopefully they'll run out of room sideways and go up .
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

When you are doing biceps exercises, do you get a deep lactic acid burn in the belly of your biceps? Or do you feel like you didn't get much in them but for some reason your shoulders are tired or sore after your workout? The exercises that have been mentioned are awesome, but if your form sucks, you don't straighten your arms all the way, and your shoulders are rotating to get the weight up, then you still won't get the most benefit. If so, just lower the weight a bit and do some sets where of 12-15, with strict form. Don't sling the weight, lean back, move your shoulders, just move your arms from the elbows down. Elbows should stay down if doing standing or seated curls. If doing preachers, you shouldn't have to pull back with your whold body to get the last reps in. Focus and do enough reps that when you feel that burn start, prob around rep 7-9 or so, do 5-10 more. those extras are the key to make sure you are hitting your target muscle. Pick 2 exercises, and do 3-4 sets of 10-15, controlled reps where at least the last 5-6 burn like hell. If you have to lower the weight to get the last set, fine. Don't do anything else for them and let us know how they feel the next day. As you learn the form for the exercises and feel the burn, you can start to go up in weights. But you should be able to feel that burn even when doing heavy weight and lower reps.

Don't worry about having to lift lighter. I'm definitely not the strongest guy in the gym, nor do I want to be. But I had to take the time to learn how to blast the targeted muscle and get the most results with lower weights. You become more efficient and it helps reduce chances of injuries down the road. You should also apply this principle to all your lifting if you goal is to devlop your physique as opposed to just be a poerlifter. Powerlifting is a complete different ball game that plenty of others can help with that. Learn how to hit your muscles correctly, then as strength develops, you can do low reps, heavy weights, and know how to apply the stress to the right areas.

Let us know what kind of routine you are currently doing, exercises, sets, reps if you have any other questions, we can help.
  15. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    LMFAO

WTF is that?

Big arms, what size are they?

Find a high incline bench and lay chest down with you arms hanging forward then curl the weight.

heyarnold
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I agree.. this excercise kicks @ss, you can't swing your back at all to cheat, you don't need that much wieght and this exercise really hits the bi's
  17. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    lol
    If it is it's now dead...

To the OP,

I really like doing DB curls GVT style (10 x 10), seated on an incline bench.

The weight will be really low, but the incline should help minimise any cheating and really squeeze at the top of the movement.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

My bi's are only sittin at 17", I think mixing up your exercises really helps, you have the inside, outside, peak, lower bi.... its hard to hit the whole bi in one day so I try to mix it up everytime I do them.

preacher culrs.. inside and outside grip on the EZ curl or even single arm DB
    stright bar curls.. good for the peak
    hammer curls
    revers curls.. great for the lower bi and upper forarm

Hundreds of diffarent bi excercises..
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

The shape of the muscle is largely genetic, as is where it inserts or originates. There are variations with every person in these factors. The best you can hope to do is increase the overall mass of the bicep.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I had the same thing. What I did was after preachers or seated curls I would just flex with my palm up, the monkey curl I guess, for a full second. 10 reps each arm. If that makes any sense. It really feels like your muscle balls up. I actually got cramps the first couple times i did it. But it made a difference for me. I saw an interview with Arnold where he did a similar thing with his tris to gain mass.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks for the feedback. Some really good advice and also some really funny comments.

I don't know what size my bi's are prob 15".

I do feel like my Form is lacking! I feel like I use my Shoulders a little too much, but I really feel like I use my Forearms too much; and my forearms are relatively big/strong. When I'm doing curls my forearms burn out way before my bi's and I just can't hit the biceps like I want to. Any Tips?

The exercises I do are:

1. Standing straight bar 21's which are basically lifting the bar half way up from my waist 7 times then lifting from half position all the way up to my chest 7 times then 7 full curls.
    4 sets

2. Preacher curl with ez curl bar.
    4 sets

3. Down the rack dumbbell curls. I start at 25lbs and go down the rack to 5lbs 8 reps each.
    2 sets

I appreciate all the suggestions.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

BTW that's a cool tattoo
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Here are mine from my pics thrad:

from Nov07

From this year (I think)
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    Unless you plan on hitting a back double bi at the beach, why don't you just try and get them bigger.
    I'd like to get them bigger with a peak. Just in case I feel the urge to hit that double bi on the beach.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.

The time my Bi's grew the most was on Texas Method, where I was squating 3 times a week and did no direct bicep work for 4 weeks. After that I did a volume program which at that point was only like 2 exercises for bi's and 2 for tri's 3-4 sets of 10-12 and my arms blew up. I gained most of the mass from Texas Method and not working my arms at all.
  26. New Member

i think you'd see more of a peak with a lower percent bodyfat.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Doing your dumbbell curl movements so that at the peak of the contraction you're trying to get as much supination from your wrist as possible (i.e., turn your wrist so that you're trying to make your pinky finger higher than your thumb). This works great on most dumbbell movements, especially incline DB curls, one-arm DB preacher curls and alternating standing curls. Since I've been making it a point to do this, I've seen more development from my biceps without much of an increase in size and only slight differences in body fat, so...
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I went to the gym today and tried some concentration curls and incline hammer curls, both with dumbbells. I have to say I really like the incline hammer curls, I definitely felt it im my bi's.

I'm going to lower the weight and concentrate on my form also; and yeah I do need to drop the fat.
  29. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Some really good advice and also some really funny comments.

I don't know what size my bi's are prob 15".

I do feel like my Form is lacking! I feel like I use my Shoulders a little too much, but I really feel like I use my Forearms too much; and my forearms are relatively big/strong. When I'm doing curls my forearms burn out way before my bi's and I just can't hit the biceps like I want to. Any Tips?

The exercises I do are:

1. Standing straight bar 21's which are basically lifting the bar half way up from my waist 7 times then lifting from half position all the way up to my chest 7 times then 7 full curls.
    4 sets

2. Preacher curl with ez curl bar.
    4 sets

3. Down the rack dumbbell curls. I start at 25lbs and go down the rack to 5lbs 8 reps each.
    2 sets

I appreciate all the suggestions.
    10 sets of bicep exercises? If you can do 10 sets then you have not done any of them with enough intensity.

Three sets with strict form at maximum intensity without regard to the amount of weight required (IOW, you are not nearly as strong as you think with 15" arms so use weight that is realistic and don't swing it and incorporate your back, glutes and hams to move it ). Then walk away.
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Here are mine from my pics thrad:
    Both my daughters have bigger arms than that. One of them is 7yo
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I actually think my Bi's are very weak and I would like to get them bigger and stronger. I do feel like my form is lacking and I will concentrate on form.

I just calculated my body fat and It's a crappy 23.6%
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    ouch
    to build a better peak i would do 1 and 1/2 reps on the cable curl bar
    1 move- full rep and all the way down then half rep to chest and down
    2nd move- full rep and half way down then back up immediately and back down
    repeat..
    kinda like doin 21's but with more full reps

keep elbows back and focus on the squeeze, cables will keep tension on the bis
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
  33. Recovering AXoholic

When you perform curls, make sure the palms of your hands are facing upwards. As straight up as you can.

The pic's you've posted are a little too close up for me to make critiques on the actual form of the biceps pose, but if you're hand placement is like the pics my boy JMH80 has them, you're doing them the wrong way for emphasizing the peak. Flex the biceps with the palm facing inward (towards you).
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Yea I saw his pics and he has a nice peak with his palm facing away from his body. When I flex like that my bicep gets even worse. I'm flexing with my palm towards my body in those pics.

I'll try the cables. thanks
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    When you perform curls, make sure the palms of your hands are facing upwards. As straight up as you can.

The pic's you've posted are a little too close up for me to make critiques on the actual form of the biceps pose, but if you're hand placement is like the pics my boy JMH80 has them, you're doing them the wrong way for emphasizing the peak. Flex the biceps with the palm facing inward (towards you).
    also if you take a whole body pic we can tell how big ur bis are in comparison... you might be preportional.. growth elsewhere can mean bicep growth
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

just looks like your biceps are really small
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post

I've been doing that pose trying to catch my forearms when they are the most vascular. With my palm facing 90 degrees from my bicep - seems to bring out the vascularity in my forearms a lot. I just can't really ever catch it at it's peak with my camera and the long azz delay it has.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries!
  39. Recovering AXoholic

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I've been doing that pose trying to catch my forearms when they are the most vascular.
    There are so many things I could say in response to this.

I've chosen this one:

At least you show a greater common courtesy than Gomer Pyle (Full Metal Jacket reference). Think about it

With my palm facing 90 degrees from my bicep - seems to bring out the vascularity in my forearms a lot. I just can't really ever catch it at it's peak with my camera and the long azz delay it has.
    I hear ya, and it looks good. You're lean enough that you still can capture a lot of shape in the bicep. But as I'm sure you've found, if you turn your wrist, the bicep muscle closes together more, making the peak seem more dramatic.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heyarnold View Post

heyarnold
    aka spider curls

Similar Forum Threads