going to buy equiptment

1. Davidlee

going to buy equiptment

Going to spend about 300 on some exercise stuff.. i was going to get a new bench and a new olympic weight set.. as from my pictures in the "pics" section, what do you all think i need.

2. Im still using my cheapo bench. and Some dumbbells with change-able weights. All sorts of creative ways to kill your body.
    •   

3. If you can find one, and if you got the room(its not a small bench) I like the golds gym xr5 (or xr10) bench:

http://www.bodyconcept.com/family/61...purchases.html

Its not perfect, so do some research and read some other reviews, but I like it and its got some nice features, adjustable incline/decline, if you get the xr5, its got the pulldown attachment, and its pretty sturdy for throwing around a decent amount of weight. Unfortunately, I cant recommend where to buy it, since I got it years ago from walmart, and they havent sold it for years.

http://www.bodyconcept.com/family/61...purchases.html

And as far as weights, if you hit it right, sports authority has coupons from time to time that are $20 off $100 purchase, so you can pick up a full 300lb "olympic" set for under 100 bucks.
    PHF Rep

4. Davidlee

alright ima check into it.. i like the fact it has the spot where i can do squats

5. power rack and weights.
    •   

6. Check cragislist for used stuff by Powertec or Body Solid. My home gym is all Powertec except for the Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells. Powertec offers a lifetime warranty on most parts. Not sure about Body Solid.

7. Add a Power Tower, (not a flimsy one). They dont take up much space and you can get you pull ups and dips in.

8. are all brands alike? i dont want to buy something that will break a week after I purchase it.
  9. Davidlee

well I ended up going to hibbet sports and got a marcy 880. it's well put together and has bench, incline, decline, lat pul down thingy , adjustable arms so that you can do squats, leg extentions. only cost 2 hundred and didnt have to pay shippin and handling and stuff.. I put it together myself in about an hour.

10. thats a pretty good deal. i will surely check it out. and thank you!

11. I'm using Gold's Gym XRS 20 and love it. It has a built in squat rack. I got olympic dumbbell online and I got my olympic barbell and weights at Dic's sporting goods. The barbell and weights were together and cost about $150 for the bar and 260lbs worth of plates. The bench I have was around $150.
  12. Davidlee

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I'm using Gold's Gym XRS 20 and love it. It has a built in squat rack. I got olympic dumbbell online and I got my olympic barbell and weights at Dic's sporting goods. The barbell and weights were together and cost about $150 for the bar and 260lbs worth of plates. The bench I have was around $150.
    Im still using the little bar with an attachment which let me use olympic weights. No stores where i live keep barbells in stock.. Gotta order one from wally world.
  •