Dc training?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Dc training?


    So for you all out there who have done DC training and stuck with it for awhile how were your gains? Im looking for more of the size aspect. Im kinda iffy on trying it because of the heavy weight it wants you to use but im thinking of giving it a shot. Just want to see what other people got from it if you dont mind sharing your experiences.


  2. I know what I'm about to post isn't relevent to the subject.

    But could someone post this routine? I've heard a lot about it yet never saw it's link or anything.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    I know what I'm about to post isn't relevent to the subject.

    But could someone post this routine? I've heard a lot about it yet never saw it's link or anything.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw53.htm

  4. Thanks. I yahoo searched it as soon as I posted this. It looks a bit similiar to Max-OT.

  5. anyone have any feedback?
    •   
       


  6. Everyone responds differently to routines. The only way to know if this is going to work for you by trying it and see.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    Everyone responds differently to routines. The only way to know if this is going to work for you by trying it and see.
    Yes I know that I just wanted some feedback about peoples experiences.

  8. You should not be DC training, this is obvious from your posts, if you are afraid on heavy weight find a easier program, DC is for those advanced enough to work with extremely high intensity and HEAVY HEAVY weight, find a lighter program like 5X5 and go with that for a good few months.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    You should not be DC training, this is obvious from your posts, if you are afraid on heavy weight find a easier program, DC is for those advanced enough to work with extremely high intensity and HEAVY HEAVY weight, find a lighter program like 5X5 and go with that for a good few months.
    Well right now my strength is so far down from leaning and doing light weighted supersets the last 2 months the heaviest weight I can do isnt going to be that heavy. I was just thinking about giving it a shot until I almost get to the point of to heavy.

  10. Agreed with above, I looked at the routine and didn't think highly of it anyway, personally.

    Do a yahoo search on Starting Strength, push, pull, legs or Bill Starr 5 x 5.

  11. DC is BY FAR the best routine I've ever tried. Mentally, physically... just everything about it "works" for me. No other program has given me the gains in strength and size that DC has. Everyone is different though, so experiment and see what works for you. I do suggest you give DC a try though. Give it a good 3 months and see if you haven't made tons of progress.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    DC is BY FAR the best routine I've ever tried. Mentally, physically... just everything about it "works" for me. No other program has given me the gains in strength and size that DC has. Everyone is different though, so experiment and see what works for you. I do suggest you give DC a try though. Give it a good 3 months and see if you haven't made tons of progress.
    Thanks man I will give it a shot starting this week

  13. Search on here there is a massive DC thread
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  14. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    DC is BY FAR the best routine I've ever tried. Mentally, physically... just everything about it "works" for me. No other program has given me the gains in strength and size that DC has. Everyone is different though, so experiment and see what works for you. I do suggest you give DC a try though. Give it a good 3 months and see if you haven't made tons of progress.
    Thats great for you, perhaps though if you are going to use dantes program you could have the decency to not recommend it those who are not advanced enough as he has quite clearly stated?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Thats great for you, perhaps though if you are going to use dantes program you could have the decency to not recommend it those who are not advanced enough as he has quite clearly stated?
    I dont see why you say im not experienced enough. But whatever buddy

  16. its just the fact that you state you are afriad of heavy weight bro when the whole metholody of DC is heavy heavy weight and continual progression

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    its just the fact that you state you are afriad of heavy weight bro when the whole metholody of DC is heavy heavy weight and continual progression
    Ok well I didnt say anything about being scared of heavy weights. I stated in a previous thread that I want to take a long break from them because the sets of 275 10 times were making my bone spur in my shoulder act up. And I know what DC training is i've been doing my research. But from the routine ive been on for the last month along with the leaning down I wont be anywhere near that kind of weight and will take me awhile to get back. I just wanted people experiences on this routine. But I guess im not advanced enough to research into it yet.

  18. I enjoyed it and think it's a solid program for packing on strength/size.

  19. Heavy weight is relative.. If the weight is HEAVY for you, then that is what you need to be using.

    That said, there is ways to manipulate how heavy of weights(for you) you are using, through different rep ranges.

    For instance DB incline bench presses. You could do 90 for 15rp, or possibly 75 for 30rp. You can be progressive on either.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    Agreed with above, I looked at the routine and didn't think highly of it anyway, personally.
    Werd.. you are the GURU.. Maybe Dante can hire you. You can help him go over DC Training, and fix all its shortcomings, with things that you have used to build 300+ lb bodybuilders over the years, in your vast experience..

  21. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Werd.. you are the GURU.. Maybe Dante can hire you. You can help him go over DC Training, and fix all its shortcomings, with things that you have used to build 300+ lb bodybuilders over the years, in your vast experience..
    how many bodybuilders do you know that can bench more then they squat? thats a feat in itself. but in all seriousness, im doing DC right now and it is by far the most effective program for size ive ever done. strength is up on some lifts, but my squat has been falling. probably because im doing it last in my workout now and im only doing back squats once every 2 weeks, opposed to 2-3 times a week like i did in previous programs. despite that though, my legs are larger then they ever have been. very solid program if you can stick to it.

  22. I am not doing DC training at this time, but I have been researching it as something to move towards in the coming months. I found this site pretty informative:
    http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

  23. Keep in mind allot of the articles, and other posts on DC are outdated, and has since evolved in some aspects.

    If you want to stay current, just go to intense muscle, and start reading some of the stickies, and some of the "pound puppy" section, as there are tons of sample plans, laid out the RIGHT way.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    how many bodybuilders do you know that can bench more then they squat? thats a feat in itself. but in all seriousness, im doing DC right now and it is by far the most effective program for size ive ever done. strength is up on some lifts, but my squat has been falling. probably because im doing it last in my workout now and im only doing back squats once every 2 weeks, opposed to 2-3 times a week like i did in previous programs. despite that though, my legs are larger then they ever have been. very solid program if you can stick to it.
    Ya.. it works.. plain and simple.. If it didn't people would not be doing it, for all these years, and we wouldn't be talking about it right now..lol

    For squats what rep range are you using?

  25. For the ones that have done t and seen good gains how long has it taken before you actually start to notice gains in size and see results?

  26. I am DC4L!!!!!

    Thats Dogg Crap 4 Life
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  27. From my brief experience with DC training it is only to be used by people with nails running through there veins. You have to be ANGRY in the gym to make it through this routine, however, if used correctly it can make gains unmatched by other programs. I could definitely see why gymrat wouldn't like the program, he doesn't believe in lifting hard and eating big to bust through plateaus. The thing is, Dante would tell him NOT to do the program anyway as he's not advanced enough in bodybuilding to be able to handle the load. Usually Dante wants you in the 200+ range to even think about doing this because it does put a huge load on your CNS and your body. So in conclusion if you think you're ready for it then try it. See how you feel, see if you can beat the book. Chances are it'll grow on you.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Thats great for you, perhaps though if you are going to use dantes program you could have the decency to not recommend it those who are not advanced enough as he has quite clearly stated?
    Oh good lord. Calm the **** down.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by cmp007 View Post
    For the ones that have done t and seen good gains how long has it taken before you actually start to notice gains in size and see results?
    This is really individual. From what i have seen on the boards, Some people start it, and get through a blast, post up that they have done this and that, for 6-8 weeks, and people are like "dude you are doing it wrong"

    Some have researched it enough, watched the DVD, and understand it in and out before doing it, and hit the ground running.

    I would say(for me atleast) the first blast was sort of a getting your feet wet, where you make gains, but you are still feeling things out.. After that you should be moving along pretty well.

  30. I ll tell you one thing I started DC today and when people say its intense that doesnt even do it justice.. I gotta admit I absolutely loved it. There is definitely a feeling it out stage as others have mentioned, I imagine especially in the first few weeks. There were a few exercises today where I shouldve used more weight, but doing it is the only way to find out.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Log in
Log in