whata guys think?

monday shoulders and tris
    tuesday back and lite bis
    wednsday cardio and abs/day off
    thursday chest and heavy bis
    friday legs
    saturday arms
    sunday rest

i do cardio 3 to 5 times a week and i also do abs everyday what do you guys think

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Too much arm work. Biceps and triceps are relatively small muscles and don't need nearly as much volume as chest, back, and thighs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

Agreed with above.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

soo could i do a lite chest day on saturday instead of a killer arm day???
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

No one could fully critique your program to the full potential unless we have more information.

What are your goals? Do you train for size (sarcoplasmic hypertrophy), strength (myofibrillra hypertrophy) both at the same time? What is your training experience? Have you recently reached a plateau?

If you're advanced this routine wouldn't be too much of a neglegence.

If you're still a beginner, stick with your vertical/horizonal compound pushes and pulls and add squats and deadlifts and attempt to make linear progress on them.

What about this routine?

Monday- Heavy Push
    Tuesday- Cardio/off
    Wednesday- Light Pull
    Thursday- Light Push
    Friday- Heavy Pull
    Saturday- off/optional accessory movements
    Sunday- off
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

well im training just get overall better strength and looks....ive been lifting for about five years and i am getting bigger on my program now and stronger but im the type of guy always looking for the next step up to try and improve my self.....soo thats where i am at...what exactly do you mean for light pushes and pulls tho could you give me examples of excersises? and any other guys who have programs just hit me up all can help
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by at1010 View Post
    well im training just get overall better strength and looks....ive been lifting for about five years and i am getting bigger on my program now and stronger but im the type of guy always looking for the next step up to try and improve my self.....soo thats where i am at...what exactly do you mean for light pushes and pulls tho could you give me examples of excersises? and any other guys who have programs just hit me up all can help
    Push and pull are the primary forces the body makes, therefore when we exercise to get stronger. We take the bodys primary motions and generate force in those planes of motions to educate those primary motions and gain functional strength (functional strength is training with potential carryover in the real world) so that when we make those primary motions in everyday life we can do them more efficiently. That's what strength training is.

Getting bigger is in the nutrition, don't listen to this "reps dictate size" because there are too many factors and that's probably one of the least important factors. Nutrition, intensity and rest are the prime sources of gaining hypertrophy.

Day 1- Heavy Push (trains the CNS)
    1- Flat Bench Press: "3 x 5"
    2- Standing Barbell Overhead press: "3 x 5"
    3- Incline Barbell Press (if necessary): "3 x 5"
    4- Weighted Dips: "3 x 5"

Day 3- Light Pull (trains the muscle tissue)
    1- Pullup: "3 x 10"
    2- Barbell Row: "3 x 10"
    3- Deadlift: "3 x 10"
    4- Alternating DB Curls: "3 x 10"

Day 4- Light Push (trains the muscle tissue)
    1- Flat Bench: "3 x 10"
    2- Barbell Press: "3 x 10"
    3- Incline Press: "3 x 10"
    4- Dips: "3 x 10"

Day 5- Heavy Pull
    1- Pullup: "3 x 5"
    2- Barbell Row: "3 x 5"
    3- Deadlift: "3 x 5"
    4- Chins "3 x 5"
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

with your split and from skimming the thread it seems like you dont want too go super heavy you just want a good split.

Mon- Shoulders and Tris- make sure u hit the shoulder press (milatary press, push press) first. then do dbs upright rows and DO NOT DO NOT forget rear delts. shoulders dont take much work. i seen ppl use 2hrs for shoulders thats not needed..
    Tris hit CG bench, Reverse bench, SKull crushers, barbell extentions DB extentions and weighted dips as ur starting movement then go to pulldowns etc.. which are generally easier and lighter.

Tues- back and lite bi's could look like this.... Deads, Rows, DB rows 2 arm cable row (heavy) or if u do those lite do heavy front pulldowns and behind the neck pulldowns.. and lite bi's should be maybe 5 sets of barbell curl superset dropping 10 pounds every set. u get a good pump maybe do 3-4 sets of preacher if u dont want to do barbells. DONT do both.

Wed- off working 3 days in a row few ppl get away with that arent juicing.
    THursday- Chest start with DB or BB bench, INCline bench or Incline DB. then go to machines etc.. if u want. end with pec dec.
    Biceps heavy only if ur not going to do arms again, if i were u and u want bigger arms why not kill the tris with light weights today instead of hammering ur bi's? triceps add the inches to the guns.
    Friday- legs squat or Leg Press etc.. im no expert so im gonna leave this for someone else..
    Sat- Arms is a waste, U did ur Lite bi's with back. and If u go heavy bi's or Lite tris with chest then dont even do arms today.. you could get away with a heeavy chest day again but if ur just getting into working out and want to see improvement fast in ur arms today as in arm day would work but being u worked out 5 years that wont happen.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. whata think?
    By at1010 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. PH/ps Cutting stack whata think?
    By Bhall99 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 04:59 PM
  3. Whata Swell (Unsponsored) Log!
    By whatastud08 in forum Supplement Logs