New training program

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
hey guys so i made up a new training program for myself and wondered what you guys thought of it.

cardio two days a week, but may up that to three. Also i might make it two full days off and do cardio later in the day after a gym workout. Primary goal is to get bigger and stronger. CV in there for overall fitness.

any comments will be helpful thanks :)

Monday – back
Deadlifts 5x10
Bent over rows 4x8
3x8 power clean
50 pull ups

Tuesday – shoulders/traps
Seated db military press 5x5
Db side lateral raises 4x8
Db front raises 3x8
Db shrugs 3x10

Wednesday – cardio

Thursday – chest/tri’s
Db bench press 5x5
Db incline bench press 4x8
Db flies 3x8
Dips – 5x10
Tricep cable pull down 3x8

Friday – cardio

Saturday – Legs
Squats 5x5
Leg extension 4x10
Leg press 3x8

Sunday – off

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Looks fine to me, but IMO it'd make more sense to train legs before cardio so to have optimal glycogen storage during your leg workout. Power cleans would be better suited under the leg day. Seeing that it's primarily a posterior chain dominant exercise that trains the IA muscle fibers.

UKStrength

Looks fine to me, but IMO it'd make more sense to train legs before cardio so to have optimal glycogen storage during your leg workout. Power cleans would be better suited under the leg day. Seeing that it's primarily a posterior chain dominant exercise that trains the IA muscle fibers.
Agreed ^^^ I would do full clean from the floor (deadlift starting position), lower the rep range to 3-5 and stick it in on leg day.

Awesome for explosive power and coordination.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
ok cheers guys :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made my comments in your training log, Dave.