Awards
Mon - A
Wed - B
Fri - A
Mon - B
Wed - A
Fri - B

Details:
-4sets x 8-10reps on each exercise(except for calves or abs)
-Increasing the weight or reps on each routine....

Routine A
Bench Press
Wide Grip Chin-up
Squat
Barbell Curl
Dips

Routine B
Incline Bench Press
Seated Row
Stiff
Shoulder Press
Seated Calf Press

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a lot of overtraining. You need more than just 2 workouts to do each week especially when training with such high intensity to elicit hypertrophy. Not only that but you are doing shoulder work 6 days straight. Even though benching is a chest exercise, it works out your shoulders more than you think, along with many other chest exercises. Then you go right to shoulders the next day and repeat this 3 times a week. You should pick a 4 day split or something along the lines of that.

I thought that was a monday-saturday, didn't see the different days. I still think you should go with a 4 day split though, and get a wider range of exercises.

LeBronJames

Awards
how is your 4 day split? push/pull?

or 4 differents muscles on each day?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
4 sets of 8-10 are a mass oriented workout. if you're going all out for size, you need deadlifts. not the stiff legged variety either.

i don't know if i personally would work on biceps directly or calves if overall mass was my goal - they won't grow by more than a pound each in your bodybuilding career. just my 2 cents though - do what works for you.

bigrobk

Banned
Awards
im currently doing a 4-day split and lovin it. this is it as follows:

mon-A
tues-B
wed-off
thurs-c
fri-d

A- legs/back/bis/calves
b-chest/shoulders/tris/abs

C-same as A but diff. exercises
D- same as B but diff. exercises

and pretty much all compound moves- squats/ rack-pulls/stiff leg deads/ bench press, etc. ive found its great for gaining lean mass in a hurry!

bigrobk

Banned
Awards
and i try and keep it in 6-10 rep range to keep gaining strength while also gaining mass.
every week ive been consistently adding 5-10lbs to every compound exercise

bigrobk

Banned
Awards
i find that heavy back days paired with heavy leg days seem to help a little with natural GH release. especially when your total set volume is low and intensity is high....also hitting them more frequently with more rest days has its advantages also.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
check out the HST stuff if you wanna go with MWF.

other than that I wouldnt do direct bi's and calves that much, and if you are gonna throw in isolated movements...where is the tri's?

LeBronJames

Awards
thanks all the comments.

@suncloud
I put stiff cause I need to train my hamstrings.
....and do what works for me... but what worked well to me until now were the 4day split and 3day split. Hitting each muscle once a week.

But Im not gaining any mass for a long time, so I decided to change my workout plan.

@bigrobk
I did this split but didnt work for me.

@carpee
I will hit my tri's doin' dips

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Mon - A
Wed - B
Fri - A
Mon - B
Wed - A
Fri - B
I would change this to three days per week, afterall, muscle only grows when it rests. Although this is a fantasic set up.

Details:
-4sets x 8-10reps on each exercise(except for calves or abs)
-Increasing the weight or reps on each routine....

Routine A
Bench Press
Wide Grip Chin-up
Squat
Barbell Curl
Dips
Looks fine, although I would change it to wide grip pullups (pullups are performed overhand, chins underhand).

Routine B
Incline Bench Press
Seated Row
Stiff
Shoulder Press
Seated Calf Press
[/QUOTE]

This looks fine. Just perform shoulder presses before incline presses so not to pre-exhaust the anterior deltoids before the workload.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If i were to split up a workout for someone 3days a week it would be something like this.

1. squats 3x5-12
hack squats 2x20
Shoulder press standing strict 2x8
Chest supported row 3x8
calves
abs

2. incline bench 3x5-10
dumbell flat 2x10
close grip bench 2x8
rear delts 6 sets various exercises
some kind of dumbell tricep work

3 deads 2-3 sets of 5 depending on how advanced you are.
box squats 3x 3-5 this will strengthen hips
chins, or pullups 3x???
posterior work reverse hypers, hypers, GHR, GM's etc
some sort of row 3x10
abs

I might add the chins in the first day. the split seems kind of weird, but it gets the exercises in when they need to be done. This is kind of what i am doing now. But i changed it up a bit for a normal gym goer. I also would not be going to failure very often.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
thanks all the comments.

@suncloud
I put stiff cause I need to train my hamstrings.
....and do what works for me... but what worked well to me until now were the 4day split and 3day split. Hitting each muscle once a week.

But Im not gaining any mass for a long time, so I decided to change my workout plan.

@bigrobk
I did this split but didnt work for me.

@carpee
I will hit my tri's doin' dips

you're right you will..but the tricep has 3 heads. if youre gonna throw in concentrated bicep work, you might as well put in concentrated tri work with skullcrushers or rope work