cardio before bed?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So i'm starting to go for runs after i finish work at night around 1/2am ish. Then when i get home i'm having aminos then going straight to bed.

Anything wrong with this or should i stick to cardio in the morning/afternoon.:dunno:

ta

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
if ur doing cardio to just keep in shape i think its fine works fine u will sleep better too. but if ur trying to cut id do empty stomach cardio in the morning.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So i'm starting to go for runs after i finish work at night around 1/2am ish. Then when i get home i'm having aminos then going straight to bed.

Anything wrong with this or should i stick to cardio in the morning/afternoon.:dunno:

ta
Just amino's? Why not some whey as well?

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
I just read in the ACSM guidelines for training that you actually utilize more fats for energy when training cardio in the morning.. as to how accurate that is im not sure but they seem to be a good association to listen to.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Just amino's? Why not some whey as well?
I don't normally have a protein shake before bed. Sometimes it messes up my sleep. But after cardio at night i usually out for the count in 20mins so i probably could start having one :)

UKStrength

If it doesn't affect your sleep I don't see why not, especially if the cardio is relatively low intensity.

You seem to have your nutrition in place, although I think a casein shake might be better.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
If it doesn't affect your sleep I don't see why not, especially if the cardio is relatively low intensity.

You seem to have your nutrition in place, although I think a casein shake might be better.
I've got a kg of REFLEX casein i've hardly touched so i'll start using that :)

Got to my bed last night at 4am expecting to get 8 hours sleep but got woke up at 8am by some builders on my roof that no one thought to tell me about :( now my legs are killing me and i'm tired!

UKStrength

I've got a kg of REFLEX casein i've hardly touched so i'll start using that :)

Got to my bed last night at 4am expecting to get 8 hours sleep but got woke up at 8am by some builders on my roof that no one thought to tell me about :( now my legs are killing me and i'm tired!
Sweet mother of...I hate builders, refuse collectors, postmen, door-knocking salesmen, noisy neighbours, schoolkids making a racket, babies crying, inconsiderate couples screaming the house down, dogs barking...basically anything that disturbs my hard-earned rest!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Sweet mother of...I hate builders, refuse collectors, postmen, door-knocking salesmen, noisy neighbours, schoolkids making a racket, babies crying, inconsiderate couples screaming the house down, dogs barking...basically anything that disturbs my hard-earned rest!
oh yeah my neighbours are constantly banging doors and running up and down the stairs. It drives me nuts!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
for cardio anytime is a good time, there's a good argument that when done in the mornings you will pull energy from your fat reserves however if you're going to burn 500 calories it matters little where you get it from, b/c if its not from your fat reserves it will come from other place that could have been converted to fat.
right now I'm going 30 minutes cardio before bed and I like it!

UKStrength

oh yeah my neighbours are constantly banging doors and running up and down the stairs. It drives me nuts!
Neds by any chance? We're inundated with their english equivalent (chavs) in my city :) It's the only time I could possible advocate genocide...

for cardio anytime is a good time, there's a good argument that when done in the mornings you will pull energy from your fat reserves however if you're going to burn 500 calories it matters little where you get it from, b/c if its not from your fat reserves it will come from other place that could have been converted to fat.
right now I'm going 30 minutes cardio before bed and I like it!
Too true mate, I guess if you're not doing it at all it matters little when you do it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Neds by any chance? We're inundated with their english equivalent (chavs) in my city :) It's the only time I could possible advocate genocide...
hah no just a family with 3 kids!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
how's that cardio working for you? if night time is the only time you can get it done then minus well do it, dont skip it bro! I'm about to go do mine! (8:15pm over here)

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established

ta
My personal preference is that I've found the most effective cardiovascular workout is performed early in the morning after BCAAs and a scoop of whey protein mixed with water, but that's just me.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i prefer morning, boosts my mood all day, wouldnt donig it at night mess with your quality of sleep?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Glycogen levels are lowest in the morning, which is another good reason to do it in the morning, assuming you avoid pre-carbs bed.

Mars1107

actually ive heard before bed isnt the second best time after the morning.

and something that tires you out would be good.

Swimming puts me to sleep actually.

But after you last meal is a great time, might even be better than the morning actually.

since fasting cardio could possibly be catabolic and nightime cardio could be anabolic because it would take away the carbs from you system, and we all know how good sleeping on empty carbs is for growth hormone.