Question about Sore Muscles - AnabolicMinds.com

Question about Sore Muscles

Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Question about Sore Muscles

So I just started lifting 2 weeks ago, and i switch off days from arms to legs. arms to legs.. Well I did arms on monday and they are still a bit sore, is it safe to lift arms again today (wednesday) being that they are still sore? I did legs yesterday. thanks.

Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

No, A muscle should be allowed to recover fully (not sore) before being trained again..

edit: you may also want to train some other bodyparts...
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Okay, but i only worked on my Chest and my Triceps.. the only thing sore is my chest and triceps, so would I be able to work my shoulders and back and biceps today then? or no lifting at all?
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wait all you do is arms and legs? You may want to look into a new program, but really you should try to recover(growth period) in between lifting. At first you will probably have longer DOMS bc of the new training adaption but it should go away eventually(given correct volume and intensity)
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by killamac27 View Post
    Okay, but i only worked on my Chest and my Triceps.. the only thing sore is my chest and triceps, so would I be able to work my shoulders and back and biceps today then? or no lifting at all?
    Wat is your full split and how many exercises and reps do you do?(this should help us to give a better answer)
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Okay this is exactly what I do. Week 1 : Monday - Chest/Triceps/Forearms About 7 Exercises in about an hour. Tuesday - Legs/Glut/Abdominals About an hour in the gym. Wednesday - Shoulders/Back/Biceps 1 hour. Thursday Legs/Glut/Abdom. 1 hour. Friday - Chest/Triceps/Forearms 1 hour. Sat.+Sun Rest
    Week2:
    Repeat week 1 with Legs/Glut/Abdom. on Monday, Wed, Fri.
    I am currently on week 3 where I did Chest/ Triceps and forearms on monday, legs yesterday and I was gonna work on my shoulders/back/biceps today but I'm still sore from monday.
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.

Im not particuarly fond of your workout routine... however if thats what u want to do thats your own personal opinion.

Your soreness is most likely DOMS-delayed onset muscle soreness, this can be a result of starting a workout session, a change to a program, and or changes in form and weight. Now its a highly disagreed upon what is the actual cause of DOMS, it was originally thought to be the accumulation of lactate in the muscle itself from breakdown of glycogen, now the thought is more that its more at a cellular level cause from the constant depolarization of the muscle spindle and the sodium potassium balance. And some just think its fatigue. THAT being said, DOMS doesnt mean u cant continue with your workout program, however i find that it is extremely easier to lift heavy and stay focused without any other variables in teh way (such as soreness). If it is prolonged it may not actually be DOMS it could be a slightly more intense muscle tear, which will heal itself given some time. To solve DOMS quickly you more or less have to treat the symptoms in expectation of getting DOMS. Frequently if you have a workout and feel like "oh man im going to be sore tomorrow" well go into a hot shower, focus the water on the spots that are supposedly going to be sore and stretch for prolonged periods of time till they feel looser. Also try to sleep in a supine position.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sore muscles = need protein?
    By hl80 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
  2. REALLY sore after bicep workout...not a good sore
    By TheNinja in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. days rest....still sore question?
    By lightemup in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8