300 workout?

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
yah uh how many days should i rest after doing this workout before i do it again? and should i do my regular routine while doing this workout?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yah uh how many days should i rest after doing this workout before i do it again? and should i do my regular routine while doing this workout?
48 hours break. you can do it MWF though you will need a few weeks before you're able to do it that often. i wouldn't (naturally) try doing another workout while doing the 300 - you'll never recover.

unless of course, you're doing the 300 workout on say monday, and then T-F is your "normal workout".

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i have been interested in this one myself... never quite understood the press it got. Seemed like a hollywood work out to me that just didnt die.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i have been interested in this one myself... never quite understood the press it got. Seemed like a hollywood work out to me that just didnt die.
it works by promoting growth hormone, which ends up giving a recomp effect - slight muscle gain, with decent fat burning potential. it works well with HIIT.

my version of the 300 was
4x10
squats
deads
bench
pullups
floor wipers (youtube this)
clean and press
35 minutes maximum. i got down to 28 minutes once and wanted to toss my cookies.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
the 300 workout was done as a test more than a traning regimine
i think i heard somewhere the bald leader of the greek force had the best time

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it works by promoting growth hormone, which ends up giving a recomp effect - slight muscle gain, with decent fat burning potential. it works well with HIIT.

my version of the 300 was
4x10
squats
deads
bench
pullups
floor wipers (youtube this)
clean and press
35 minutes maximum. i got down to 28 minutes once and wanted to toss my cookies.
Yea but at what % of weight for each exercise?

I should start doing this so I can do less days in the gym :)

SouthernLord

SouthernLord

Awards
300 workout?

It would be great for conditioning but I wouldn't expect much lbm gain from this. If this is your thing maybe look into cross fit. A lot of their WODs are similar to this.

SouthernLord

SouthernLord

Awards

Probably not much.

This sounds like death by lactic acid. Mega dosing Beta Alanine would be mandatory imo.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
300 workout?

It would be great for conditioning but I wouldn't expect much lbm gain from this. If this is your thing maybe look into cross fit. A lot of their WODs are similar to this.
Thanks for the info, I dont care to get big anymore so I'll look into cross fit thanks again

SouthernLord

SouthernLord

Awards
Thanks for the info, I dont care to get big anymore so I'll look into cross fit thanks again
Cross fit will definitely get you into great shape. There are a few CF gyms around town, but I can't afford to train there. $120 a month :gay:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mark Twight and his training at Gym jones is very very similar to crossfit. They follow many of the same modalities.

One doesn't need to go to an actual crossfit affiliate. That's what the WOD on the man page is for, but I do love being in the presence of true fire breathers though, but yes they can be a bit pricey for membership. Many offer free sessions on Saturday's.

Also, the 300 workout wasn't there routine, it was only one workout.

As for mass, it is not a bodybuilding routine, but yes on can gain mass.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

as an advanced lifter, no way would this work. your upper chest, serratus, tri's, rear tri's, biceps, rhomboids, calves, lats would all shrink.

its good for a beginner though, or anyone that just wants to loose weight without loosing too much muscle.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
* 50 push-ups
* 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
* 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
* 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
* 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps
thats what it is and thats what im doing. every senior at my school who has tried this workout while on a ph like mmv2 or mmv3 has gained serious muscle mass by doing this workout. So thats what im doing and i will be logging it; 300 workout on monday then upper body on thursday then legs and lower body on friday.
thanks

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol and i have looked all over the web for FLOOR WIPERS but i still have no idea what the **** those are. and the clean and press are just regular cleans right?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol and i have looked all over the web for FLOOR WIPERS but i still have no idea what the **** those are. and the clean and press are just regular cleans right?

Here's a vid of floor wipers and yes the clean and press is a regular clean and then a press, not a clean and jerk. Also, you do realize that the 300 workout is more of a metcon workout right? Meaning it's designed to increase your metabolic conditioning i.e. endurance, stamina, core strength etc. It in of itself is not a bodybuilding routine.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok nomt to sound in love with my self but this routine looks easy 50 deads ive hit 18 reps on 300 at the end of a back workout, floor wipers arent bad at all push ups are a joke. clean and press not too bad.. the 50 pull ups would be hell on my shoulders....

maybe just me but i dont see the amazing workout this is suppse to be

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
its not hard except that u have to finish it under 30 minutes. and if its not bulking then why does everyone that did this workout become jacked? lol

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
ok nomt to sound in love with my self but this routine looks easy 50 deads ive hit 18 reps on 300 at the end of a back workout, floor wipers arent bad at all push ups are a joke. clean and press not too bad.. the 50 pull ups would be hell on my shoulders....

maybe just me but i dont see the amazing workout this is suppse to be
its a great GH booster. 300 reps in 30 minutes sounds easy to you? give it a shot :)
its not hard except that u have to finish it under 30 minutes. and if its not bulking then why does everyone that did this workout become jacked? lol
because it burns fat like nothing else. additionally, boosting GH will put on some muscle, so that would explain the jacked look. none of them got huge though.

with regards to your friends, thats because they were on something.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its a great GH booster. 300 reps in 30 minutes sounds easy to you? give it a shot :)

because it burns fat like nothing else. additionally, boosting GH will put on some muscle, so that would explain the jacked look. none of them got huge though.

I think he's also speaking about the movie. Anyone weighing around 165-170 is hardly jacked.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot to post the vid to the floor wipers so here it is below.

Also, one needs to know that the guys in the movie who trained at Gym Jones did many many many other workouts, not just the 300. In fact they almost never repeated any workouts. They were not Arnolds size by any means. Like Rodja mentioned they prolly avg from 160-190 maybe a few were 200lbs the latter being the top end of the scale. They were strong and you could say ripped, but I'll say again if you think it's a premise for a bodybuilding routine it's not. The amounts of weight your moving is not substantial in this workout, but it fast paced which leads it back to a metcon workout. I guess I should ask what exactly your goals are?

YouTube - Floor Wipers from 300 Movie Workout

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think he's also speaking about the movie. Anyone weighing around 165-170 is hardly jacked.
Hey hey now 165 to 170 can be pretty jacked that's the middle weight class in an NPC contest. on the left is eryk bui at 146lbs don't forget about us short people lol

Attachments

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, but Gerard Butler is like 6' or 6'2". He's not short. Besides, Gerard Butler also did some training with a Venezuelan bodybuilder just shortly before the filming.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but Gerard Butler is like 6' or 6'2". He's not short. Besides, Gerard Butler also did some training with a Venezuelan bodybuilder just shortly before the filming.
He's stated that he was <170 while filming 300. The camera really does add to the illusion of size.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 push-ups
thats what it is and thats what im doing. every senior at my school who has tried this workout while on a ph like mmv2 or mmv3 has gained serious muscle mass by doing this workout. So thats what im doing and i will be logging it; 300 workout on monday then upper body on thursday then legs and lower body on friday.
thanks
Reps, I'm doing this tonight :006:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
For sure. The illusion is to get jacked guys who are smaller than the main actor to make him seem that much larger. Sylvester Stallone, anyone?

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards

yah they were taking mmv2 lol and does anyone know what womans fertility drug manny was taking lol was it clomid or nolva or something else? thats hilarious.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yah they were taking mmv2 lol and does anyone know what womans fertility drug manny was taking lol was it clomid or nolva or something else? thats hilarious.
HCG

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Im in on this workout im going to start doing it on saturdays!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, this 300 business is cross fit ver batum. Self taught gurus and their "revolutionizing" workouts.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i am starting to do this workout every saturday after running.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
the 300 workout was done as a test more than a traning regimine
i think i heard somewhere the bald leader of the greek force had the best time
yup, i have read the same thing. Apparently it was a test at the end of the training, right before shooting. Still,...... I know ALOT of people who have googled it, and tried it. The movie is very motivational in this aspect.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup, i have read the same thing. Apparently it was a test at the end of the training, right before shooting. Still,...... I know ALOT of people who have googled it, and tried it. The movie is very motivational in this aspect.
I felt like my testosterone was boosted a few notches after I watched that movie.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 push-ups
thanks
didnt you post up for advice earlier stating that you wanted to get big for hockey and everyone told you roids and phs were a bad idea at 18? Well im still going to tell you that its a bad idea especially if you are still trying to gain crazy mass to gain weight for your supposed pro hockey career especially with a routine like this. Not to mention the sides of using a compound like that at such a young age.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I felt like my testosterone was boosted a few notches after I watched that movie.
lol, I remember the night I saw the movie. Everyone I went with was like " That was badazz!"; " That was awesome!" right after the movie ended.

I was like,.... "See ya'll later, Im going to go workout." haha

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
How did they build muscle on a high endurance workout?

Beats me, I never really watched the movie.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established

I saw some interview spotlight thing on HBO right before the movie came out. They mentioned the training and showed different clips of it. They had them doing the "Bigfoot" tire flips, and bungee sprints ( with a bungee cord). I remember Butler saying in between shots all over them would run over to some DB's and barbells and do some quick sets, then roll for a new shot, lol.

... they probably also had an endless supply of protein shakes.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
well everyone that i know took it at 17 and they were perfectly fine so thanks.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Not all of their workouts are complete metcon workouts. They had strength biased workouts too incorporating heavy olympic and power lifts etc. Besides, truth be told Gerard Butler, the main guy spent something like 3 months with a venezuelan bodybuilder at the end of the training just prior to filming.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You have no business messing with PH's or PS's at 17 or 18... or even 19 or 20!

What you and the rest of your idiotic friends don't realize that you are blunting your natural growth once you use a PH... and well considering your body grows for many years after you're 18.... good luck staying the size of an 18 year old

As a whole this forum does not support individuals under the age of 21 using anabolic supplements

Do some research before you hurt yourself because Im sure none of your super muscular senior friends who got ripped using steroids did PCT either

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol yes cause 18 year olds cant look in the google searchbar and figure out what pct is. And this post wasn't about people coming on here and telling me not to take a ph. It was about the 300 workout. And thats a good question. why if its a high endurance workout to people look completly ripped?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol yes cause 18 year olds cant look in the google searchbar and figure out what pct is. And this post wasn't about people coming on here and telling me not to take a ph. It was about the 300 workout. And thats a good question. why if its a high endurance workout to people look completly ripped?
It's not a "high endurance" workout as you put it. It's a metcon workout... metabolic conditioning. Since the 300 workout and Mark Twight follows similarly to the crossfit modality I will be referencing it...

The meta part of the word is for metabolic and that has to do with your energy systems. You have certainly heard and used the word metabolism and have a sense for slow and fast metabolisms. Some people walk by a bakery and gain two pounds and others shove everything they can get their hands on down their pie hole and never gain a pound. Metabolic - energy systems.

The con is easy, that's just conditioning and the contraction metcon is shorthand for the CrossFit methodology for improvement of the cardio vascular and cardio respiratory systems through a variety of functional exercises executed at high intensity. The program does wonders for much more than just your CV/CR systems but were just discussing metcon here.

Short energy systems course:

Creatine Phosphate or Phosphogen up to about 10 seconds of pedal to the metal, all out exertion. One rep max sort of thing.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Aerobic system which (assuming you are not working out as you read this) you are using right now. You can be in this energy system for the rest of your life. In an exercise sense it is at an effort level you can sustain for about 90 minutes before you exhaust your glycogen supply and have to refuel. How hard you can go is influenced directly by training and there are many endurance athletes who can do 5:30 miles and still be aerobic. I hate those people. The term LSD (Long Slow Distance) is the typical protocol for aerobic work where you are working at a low output for a long period of time.

The CrossFit arena is the Glycolytic energy system where you hammer your way to and through your lactate threshold at an effort level sustainable for only 2 minutes or so. The CF protocol has you change the demand on the failing musculature after some number of reps or time by moving to a new exercise while the CV/CR system is still being taxed. This allows for metabolic conditioning at a far more intense level than you could ever hope to achieve through a single mode of exercise because of the predictable onset of muscle failure at high levels of exertion.

Now, that being said, I obviously can not state with any certainty what your
"friends" did for their workouts, but they probably followed other methods than just doing the 300 workout. The 300 workout alone can give you a sense of strength, but not on the level of real lifting, it can help to lean you out, make you a more defined/cut, and extend your endurance and metcon abilities. However, it alone will not pack on the size and make a person look like Arnold. Remember just about any exercise done at high intensity can help to lean someone out and make them cut.

As far as the actors from the movie goes, one must keep a few things in mind...
1. They didn't just hire some random fat slobs and turn them into Spartans. The actors they hired already had a level of fitness and physique about them.
2. They did not do the 300 workout all the time nor was it their only workout.
3. They did follow a strength biased program as well as a metcon one, meaning they did lift heavy, I say again they did lift heavy. Which you do not do in the 300 workout.
4. They did follow or at least some followed a bodybuilding/weightlifting program as well for part of their training ie Gerard Butler training witha Venezuelan bodybuilder.
5. Their entire life was controlled and monitored during their training. Which means all they did was workout, eat, and sleep everyday.

Bottom line: As it is a good and fun workout, you will not get huge from the 300 workout, it should not be your only workout, no workout should be your only workout.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Your a tool. Go away and be dumb by yourself. Thanks for contributing to natural selection its one of my favs. Also google "how to get your head out of your azz." :wave2:

EDIT: NEGGED.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
they didnt just do the 300 workout... they did other things besides this as well... the 300 workout was more of a test for them than anything else.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol they didn't do the 300 workout at all. they did mmv2 with abb xxl etreme and purple wrath eating around 6000 cals a day and went from 180 to 200 in 2 months. all i wanted to know what the 300 workout was, and what the 300 does for ur body. thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pigskinplayer 35 and Older 9
Training Forum 5
the GUNSHOW Training Forum 32
Training Forum 12
Gtstang86 Weight Loss 14