300 workout?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    How did they build muscle on a high endurance workout?

Beats me, I never really watched the movie.
    I saw some interview spotlight thing on HBO right before the movie came out. They mentioned the training and showed different clips of it. They had them doing the "Bigfoot" tire flips, and bungee sprints ( with a bungee cord). I remember Butler saying in between shots all over them would run over to some DB's and barbells and do some quick sets, then roll for a new shot, lol.

... they probably also had an endless supply of protein shakes.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Answers

well everyone that i know took it at 17 and they were perfectly fine so thanks.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getbigbyjune View Post
    hey man its your life. enjoy.
    SFW and GFH
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    How did they build muscle on a high endurance workout?

Beats me, I never really watched the movie.
    Not all of their workouts are complete metcon workouts. They had strength biased workouts too incorporating heavy olympic and power lifts etc. Besides, truth be told Gerard Butler, the main guy spent something like 3 months with a venezuelan bodybuilder at the end of the training just prior to filming.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You have no business messing with PH's or PS's at 17 or 18... or even 19 or 20!

What you and the rest of your idiotic friends don't realize that you are blunting your natural growth once you use a PH... and well considering your body grows for many years after you're 18.... good luck staying the size of an 18 year old

As a whole this forum does not support individuals under the age of 21 using anabolic supplements

Do some research before you hurt yourself because Im sure none of your super muscular senior friends who got ripped using steroids did PCT either
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Answers

lol yes cause 18 year olds cant look in the google searchbar and figure out what pct is. And this post wasn't about people coming on here and telling me not to take a ph. It was about the 300 workout. And thats a good question. why if its a high endurance workout to people look completly ripped?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

lol yes cause 18 year olds cant look in the google searchbar and figure out what pct is. And this post wasn't about people coming on here and telling me not to take a ph. It was about the 300 workout. And thats a good question. why if its a high endurance workout to people look completly ripped?
    It's not a "high endurance" workout as you put it. It's a metcon workout... metabolic conditioning. Since the 300 workout and Mark Twight follows similarly to the crossfit modality I will be referencing it...

The meta part of the word is for metabolic and that has to do with your energy systems. You have certainly heard and used the word metabolism and have a sense for slow and fast metabolisms. Some people walk by a bakery and gain two pounds and others shove everything they can get their hands on down their pie hole and never gain a pound. Metabolic - energy systems.

The con is easy, that's just conditioning and the contraction metcon is shorthand for the CrossFit methodology for improvement of the cardio vascular and cardio respiratory systems through a variety of functional exercises executed at high intensity. The program does wonders for much more than just your CV/CR systems but were just discussing metcon here.

Short energy systems course:

Creatine Phosphate or Phosphogen up to about 10 seconds of pedal to the metal, all out exertion. One rep max sort of thing.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Aerobic system which (assuming you are not working out as you read this) you are using right now. You can be in this energy system for the rest of your life. In an exercise sense it is at an effort level you can sustain for about 90 minutes before you exhaust your glycogen supply and have to refuel. How hard you can go is influenced directly by training and there are many endurance athletes who can do 5:30 miles and still be aerobic. I hate those people. The term LSD (Long Slow Distance) is the typical protocol for aerobic work where you are working at a low output for a long period of time.

The CrossFit arena is the Glycolytic energy system where you hammer your way to and through your lactate threshold at an effort level sustainable for only 2 minutes or so. The CF protocol has you change the demand on the failing musculature after some number of reps or time by moving to a new exercise while the CV/CR system is still being taxed. This allows for metabolic conditioning at a far more intense level than you could ever hope to achieve through a single mode of exercise because of the predictable onset of muscle failure at high levels of exertion.

Now, that being said, I obviously can not state with any certainty what your
    "friends" did for their workouts, but they probably followed other methods than just doing the 300 workout. The 300 workout alone can give you a sense of strength, but not on the level of real lifting, it can help to lean you out, make you a more defined/cut, and extend your endurance and metcon abilities. However, it alone will not pack on the size and make a person look like Arnold. Remember just about any exercise done at high intensity can help to lean someone out and make them cut.

As far as the actors from the movie goes, one must keep a few things in mind...
    1. They didn't just hire some random fat slobs and turn them into Spartans. The actors they hired already had a level of fitness and physique about them.
    2. They did not do the 300 workout all the time nor was it their only workout.
    3. They did follow a strength biased program as well as a metcon one, meaning they did lift heavy, I say again they did lift heavy. Which you do not do in the 300 workout.
    4. They did follow or at least some followed a bodybuilding/weightlifting program as well for part of their training ie Gerard Butler training witha Venezuelan bodybuilder.
    5. Their entire life was controlled and monitored during their training. Which means all they did was workout, eat, and sleep everyday.

Bottom line: As it is a good and fun workout, you will not get huge from the 300 workout, it should not be your only workout, no workout should be your only workout.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Your a tool. Go away and be dumb by yourself. Thanks for contributing to natural selection its one of my favs. Also google "how to get your head out of your azz."

EDIT: NEGGED.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

they didnt just do the 300 workout... they did other things besides this as well... the 300 workout was more of a test for them than anything else.
    SFW and GFH
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Answers

lol they didn't do the 300 workout at all. they did mmv2 with abb xxl etreme and purple wrath eating around 6000 cals a day and went from 180 to 200 in 2 months. all i wanted to know what the 300 workout was, and what the 300 does for ur body. thanks.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

lol they didn't do the 300 workout at all. they did mmv2 with abb xxl etreme and purple wrath eating around 6000 cals a day and went from 180 to 200 in 2 months. all i wanted to know what the 300 workout was, and what the 300 does for ur body. thanks.
    hey you should stack mmv2 with some superdrol..
    if u want a super stack use superdrol mdrol and take the one for good measure..

i mean u dont care bout side effects right u just wanna get big by june!!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

* 25 pull-ups
    * 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
    * 50 push-ups
    * 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
    * 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
    * 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
    * 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps
    thats what it is and thats what im doing. every senior at my school who has tried this workout while on a ph like mmv2 or mmv3 has gained serious muscle mass by doing this workout. So thats what im doing and i will be logging it; 300 workout on monday then upper body on thursday then legs and lower body on friday.
    thanks
    yah they were taking mmv2 lol and does anyone know what womans fertility drug manny was taking lol was it clomid or nolva or something else? thats hilarious.

Please re-read your own words underlined and bolded.
    Riiight. Recharging for a neg.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

That kid needs to get his head out of his ass. They were not "huge" in that movie, but they were very lean. An average WW MMAist is larger than most of the actors in that movie.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Please re-read your own words underlined and bolded.
    Riiight. Recharging for a neg.
    the top one was for seniors at my school the bottom one was for my hockey buddies. so i need to get my head out my ass because i want to take a ph along with 99% of the seniors in my class are already doing. this thread was started for the 300 not about an 18 taking a ph. all my freinds are jacked and im just regular because they didn't puss out and they took the ph and i didn't. AND THEY OBVIOUSLY TOOK PCT because if they didn't they would lose most of their gains and their test levels would not come back to normal. thank you for ur advice on the 300. i will be starting this workout it looks good. thanks. if u continue to rant on about the ethical stuff i don't care because im done with the thread. so ur only bitching at urself. and im not 18 im 19 thanks
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    Probably not much.

This sounds like death by lactic acid. Mega dosing Beta Alanine would be mandatory imo.
    ahahahaha, yeah, it really does! acidosis resulting in death! lol
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

the top one was for seniors at my school the bottom one was for my hockey buddies. so i need to get my head out my ass because i want to take a ph along with 99% of the seniors in my class are already doing. this thread was started for the 300 not about an 18 taking a ph. all my freinds are jacked and im just regular because they didn't puss out and they took the ph and i didn't. AND THEY OBVIOUSLY TOOK PCT because if they didn't they would lose most of their gains and their test levels would not come back to normal. thank you for ur advice on the 300. i will be starting this workout it looks good. thanks. if u continue to rant on about the ethical stuff i don't care because im done with the thread. so ur only bitching at urself. and im not 18 im 19 thanks

Well i know how you feel, i "pussed out" when ppl were smokin meth, havin sex without condoms and takin exctasy. I probably looked really normal to them what i loser i was.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Answers

hhhhmmmmm. this looks like fun, i think im looking at throwing this in for one of my days. lol so sense i hate leg day im wondering if i can just do this in replace of my leg day only thing i want is squats. so if you guys were to add squads to the 300 routine where would you add it and would to replace something with it or would you take some reps off of something and add some? what would you guys do? also when i looked up clean and press i found 2 exercises 1 with the bar and the other with a dumbell, which exercide is the 300 one? thanks guys.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

they may have done it with lettle bells
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

so i need to get my head out my ass because i want to take a ph along with 99% of the seniors in my class are already doing.
    Yes, you need to get your head out of your ass!

Along with the rest of your senior class.

I'm not sure what you're missing? Hormones aren't something to be messed with at your age. Wait 2 more years and any one of us will help you plan a proper cycle and get your gains that really matter. We aren't trying to be dicks (well we are a bit! lol), We are trying to stop you from messing up your body, things are still happening in your body at this point in your life that you are just going to screw up by using steroids.

And just because 99% of your senior class (wow exaggerate much?) is using steroids that makes it ok for you to use steroids as well? Let the rest of your class fxck themselves up, laugh at them later when you are in better health than them

We are only trying to help you and we will continue to help you on this forum, if you don't agree with the ideals here maybe its time to move over to something more in your league... like bodybuilding.com
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Answers

It IS with a 36lb kettle bell. An awkward movement though.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Answers

what do you guys think about the squats in the 300?
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure on the squats but 50 deads of 135 lbs sounds like torture......!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Answers

sounds like fun
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Take some advice from a 20 year old. Stay on the forum and read and ask questions. If you just put in some time and try to learn as much as you can about training and nutrition you will probably decide for yourself that you don't need PHs at this time. Trust me, there is enough information on this forum to read for hours every night if you had time.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I do like the 300 workout and I try to do it one a week but I also do my splits during the week
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Make EVERY Pre Workout a Potent Fat Burning Pre Workout!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 05:40 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:13 PM