Firstly, I want to thank people in advance, I've been looking over quite a few threads and can tell this is a really supportive board.
Right now I am 21, living in aus, and in terms of size im very small. Weighing only 65 kilos, I've been in the weights room like 20 times total in my life.
I want to get into building my body, in size and strength, however at this point in time I want to build bulk more than anything.
Although Ive done some research in your forums and other websites, finding information about bulk building is easy however im not sure if things might be a bit different considering I dont have much of a 'history' in the gym.
While i know im asking a massively broad question, im hoping you guys could help me with these specific problems:
1. should i take supplements, and if so, what types/brands?
- ive read that brands like gnc are crap, for whatever reason. My problem is not knowing if starting supplements is a good idea without previous extensive weightlifting history, and if so which brand to buy and where to buy it (im guessing online is the best way?)
2. Being new to the gym, would a low rep-high weight program be best?
- after reading through threads it is to my understanding that this is the best bulk-building program, anyone with a better idea for a program for myself, it would be greatly appreciated
3. How often should I go?
- talking to some mates of mine, they say that going 3-4 times a week, one said that i should go the full 4 days in a row with 3 days off. is this smart? or, better question being, would this be optimal?
My routine is fairly simple, although i dont know all the technical names for the exercises i do, so if you need me to write a list of them ill go through the gym and find it all out and get back to you. Or, if someone has the time and patience to list what exercises i would benefit most from, that would be hugely appreciated.
Any questions about my post would be appreciated, since i know it means your trying to help!