Workout Routine

underboss22

Awards
Hey guys, I posted not too long ago wondering about how to bulk on p90x. After doing the preparation test, I decided that I should get back to the gym for a few months first.

Before I stopped lifting the first time my routine was MON,THURS ( chest/back) WED (legs/cardio) TUES/FRI (biceps, triceps, shoulders)

This routine worked relatively well for me during that time. I switched it up once in a while to avoid muscle memory as I was told.

My question is if I can get a personal trainer or someone with a lot of knowledge to set me up with a bulking schedule that will give me the best results I am looking for. My goal is to bulk (obviously) but also to throw in more ab routines. I always lifted mon-fri, but am willing to change anything to get maximum results. If someone with this knowledge could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Hey bud, all I can really suggest is to really hit all those Compound Movements and do as much bodyweight exercises as you can. Heres an example of my work-out that I'm currently doing.

Chest, Back
Day 1
Deadlifts
Flat Bench
Incline Bench
BB Rows
Pull Up's
Flyes
Seated Row
Calves

Day 2
Shoulders, Legs
Shoulder Press
Squats
Side Lateral Raise
Rear Flyes
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Shrugs

Day 3
Arms (switch up exercises every 2 weeks)
Heavy Bar Curls
Close-Grip Bench
Hammer Curls
Wide-Grip Incline Curls
Reverse Grip Push-downs
SkullCrushers
Forearms
Abs, Obliques
I Generally switch up the order of exercises and the types of exercises.
Rep ranges vary, I try to get a heavy set in of 6 reps then hit the last set with a drop-set right after. Never under 6, never over 10 reps. I pretty much do 3 sets for everything, sometimes more on the compound lifts.

If you wanted you could split it up into a 5 day split by splitting up Back and Chest and splitting up Shoulders and Legs. I just only have time to work-out Mon,Wed, Fri.

underboss22

Awards
also, typical diet for bulking??? i know the basics just good to see a virtual day or week diet to mix it up

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
underboss you mind postin that PM suncloud sent you? i take in everything this dude says lol

underboss22

Awards
alrighty. if you're bulking, do a minimum of cardio - 15 minutes or so, just to get into cardiovascular shape, but not enough to chew up your calories.

if you're doing a 5 day split, the only rules are secondary muscles can't be trained the next day. that means after you do chest, you can't train tri's or delts the next day, back day means no biceps or rear delts the next day.

weak point training is always the first day of the week - its when you're freshest. if your weak point is back,
M - back
T - chest
W - legs
Th - bi's/tri's
F - shoulders/abs
always start with compound movements first to build mass, then isolation to build a solid pump.

depending on age and recovery, my split is:
M - chest/tri's/front and mid delts
T - back/bicep/rear delts
W - legs
Th - chest/tri's/front and mid delts
F - back/bicep/rear delts

if you run your workout like i did, make sure you don't repeat the exact same movement twice in a week - its counterproductive. so i switch bench for DB bench, switch deadlifts for suitcase deads (with dumbells), etc.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if you know what your weak point is, and can make a routine with your weak point on the first lifting day, i'd be glad to critique :)