WEighted crunches 3x10
Calves 3x10

SHOULDERS + ARMS

Overhead Press 10x10
Dips 10x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
Reverse Flys 3x10

OK QUESTIONS NOW:
Lets say its chest and back day..am I supposed to superset Bench/Row??? or just superset flys/chins??? idk what the fork is going on...i thought it was just:

BENCH: 10 sets 10 reps 90 sec rest btwn
then move on to rows
BARBELL ROW: 10 sets 10 reps 90 sec rest

then superset the supplementary work.

If it's supersetting 10x10 then i have to change up my exercises

btw its my first time doing GVT

thanks,
meatNcreatine

UKStrength

I think what you're trying to achieve is OVT (Optimised Volume Training), where you superset two 5X5 exercises, one compound, one isolation e.g.

Barbell Bench Press 5 x 5
Dumbell Fly 5 x 5

The second exercise is designed to increase the 'time under tension' (TUT) so the eccentric portion is performed really slowly (6 seconds) and the concentric portion explosive.

Here's the original article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/optimized_volume_training

I think 10 x 10 superset would be really tough, unless all the movements were isolation.

meatNcreatine

Awards
OK you arent understanding my question regarding GVT

DO I:

BENCH
90sec rest
BB ROW
90 sec rest
BENCH
90 sec rest
BB ROW
etc..you understand??????

OR DO I:
BENCH 10 x 10 with 90 sec rest in between then move on to:
ROWS 10 x 10 with 90 sec rest in between
then superset my suplementary exercises???

DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

Sinon - SLDL's are good for both but mainly hammies. at least for me i feel them more in my hams/lower back...its better than leg curls in my opinion

meatNcreatine

Awards
thanks dude! also, i also read that people do it like: Benchx10 Rowx10.THEN 90 sec rest...then do it again 10 times. idk whatever ill just stick to the one good post in this thread

Rhys26

Awards
I think what you're trying to achieve is OVT (Optimised Volume Training), where you superset two 5X5 exercises, one compound, one isolation e.g.

Barbell Bench Press 5 x 5
Dumbell Fly 5 x 5

The second exercise is designed to increase the 'time under tension' (TUT) so the eccentric portion is performed really slowly (6 seconds) and the concentric portion explosive.

Here's the original article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/optimized_volume_training

I think 10 x 10 superset would be really tough, unless all the movements were isolation.
Did the OVT Chest/Back routine for the first time yesterday and it was killer. Very full on workout :)

UKStrength

Am doing the 5x5's atm and they are great. Today is leg workout, looking forward to it.
I'm loving GVT for squats and deads, I've not come across anything more taxing save the tabata method.

Although 5 x 5 with leg extensions as the ancillary exercise for squats and hamstring curls for deads would be BRUTAL :D

Enjoy your session mate.

Rhys26

Awards
I'm loving GVT for squats and deads, I've not come across anything more taxing save the tabata method.

Although 5 x 5 with leg extensions as the ancillary exercise for squats and hamstring curls for deads would be BRUTAL :D

Enjoy your session mate.
Didnt get as much out of the leg session becuase I dont think I pushed as hard. Also couldn't do the 1 leg back extensions becuase the gym i go to doesn't have the machine. Is there another substitute for this apart from the natural glute ham raise?

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
why do you want to do GVT? I did it once. All it does it pumps you up like a balloon. You can easily overtrain with it and you do not grow strength with it. Strength is a key ingredient to mass.