If you had 30mins to train everyday what would you do

TeaEhRoar

Awards
as it says on the tin, if you only had 30mins everyday to train what you do?

personally

day 1 - box
day 2 - legs
day 3 - back and shoulders
day 4 - combat weak areas
day 5 - rest

repeat

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
no chest and tri's?

i would do
back
chest
legs
shoulders
bi's/tri's

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Cardio ( i like to run...)
Back/shoulders (Prolly just shrugs if we only get 30min)
chest
Arms
Legs
Rest

Repeat i suppose, interesting question...

Tumey

Awards
You would have 5 rounds for 5 mins each and one min break between rounds. So pick 5 exercises and put them into a round and do each for a min. There is no breaks during the round, only after for 1 min.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would follow the Crossfit modality.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If that's ALL that I had, it would be circuit training, period.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I don't spend much over 45 minutes when I'm in the gym, but I usually get about 6 exercises in and about 3 sets per exercise.

I end up doing two unrelated muscle groups back to back, so i'm not wasting time standing around waiting for a muscle group to rest.

Here's an example of a day where I'm doing mainly legs and biceps:

Squats (3 sets) ----- dumbell curls (3 sets)
Leg press (3 sets) ---- standing barbell curls (3 sets)
calf raises (3 sets) ----- ab workout utilizing incline bench, no less than 110 reps total over 3 sets
And usually do a final bicep workout with one of those seated machines, and maybe alternate that with the leg extension machine.

If I have a solid hour, this workout would have some back exercises thrown in.

Note that this workout is ideal for a gym that isn't too crowded, so you can go back and forth between two stations.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
superset everything
Chest/tris
Back bis
Off day
Legs
Shoulders/Traps

TeaEhRoar

Awards
sun cloud

no chest and tris on their own day would do them when combating weak exercises if i thought they were struggling, plus dumbell flies i count as shoulders because that where i mainly feel the burn even though its meant to work chest, and triceps would get a good beasting of the boxing and presses as a secondary muscle

does any one have any tips for gaining mass because i am wanting to put some on but have always struggled at it - thinking of incorpating a 5x5 workout once a week lifting about 24kg per dumbell as i usually have 17kg on each one at the moment and complete 12reps a set(24kg i feel is a right weight as before i got into the boxing i was lifting 50kg on the barbell 8rep sets as standard upperbody but never really got any lean muscle just looked water filled, i only weigh 57kg right now, but my uni is stoping boxing as a sport so its pointless me remaining at that weight)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'd do what i normally do, but if i had an extra half an hour each day, say in the evening ( i train the morning/afternoon) i'd do pull-ups :)