I want to lose leg muscle!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    I wasn't trying to show off or brag, in fact if you say they're not disproportionate that's great.
    IMO, I would hit them harder.

    If you want to get some overall growth in your upper body. Run the starting strength program along with lots of cals.

    Everyone has different goals. So do what you want.

    No matter how big my legs got, I would not stop training them.

    Good luck on whichever you choose.

  2. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

    Ok here is my thigh pic with calves.







    It's proportionate in those pics... I know I'll lose some size in my legs as I am cutting now for the summer so maybe I should just drop it. Thanks for everyone's inputs and time, GREATLY appreciated.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,721
    Rep Power
    1317321
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    There is no reason for you to say your thighs are too large.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,186
    Rep Power
    493835
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There is no reason for you to say your thighs are too large.
    ^^^ I agree. There's nothing disproportional about your lower body compared to your upper body. And your legs are far from what would be considered "large".
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    73.8%

    its pretty well balanced imo

    but how much smaller would you want to reduce it?
  6. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

    Awesome thanks for the feedback. At first I didn't think they were too big but I got those comments at work from 3 girls, one I dated at the time. They said my legs were too big but the only time they saw my legs is when I bulked last year and they got huge. Thanks again guys.
  7. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Awesome thanks for the feedback. At first I didn't think they were too big but I got those comments at work from 3 girls, one I dated at the time. They said my legs were too big but the only time they saw my legs is when I bulked last year and they got huge. Thanks again guys.
    nah, your good bro.


    hit them legs harder bro..........

    slow and low got my legs to grow.......those and deadlifts.......LOTS of them.

    Calories. lots of calories

    see pic of my fat azz in my log......below.
  8. New Member
    MPFit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    329
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

    i grew up playing soccer too.. my legs are also much "thicker" than the rest of my body..
    The reason I got into bodybuiding was to make myself more proportionate too..
    Instead of actually trying to lower my leg mass though, I hit upper body and did some occasional sprints.. I've evened out nicely in the past 2 years.. Also- I never stopped playing soccer so I wouldn't say I've lost any mass in my legs either.
  9. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
    i grew up playing soccer too.. my legs are also much "thicker" than the rest of my body..
    The reason I got into bodybuiding was to make myself more proportionate too..
    Instead of actually trying to lower my leg mass though, I hit upper body and did some occasional sprints.. I've evened out nicely in the past 2 years.. Also- I never stopped playing soccer so I wouldn't say I've lost any mass in my legs either.

    good advice.

    lucky you.........i have/had bird legs forever.

    i got screwed on both sides of the tree.
  10. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

    Hey Kris, if I work them out to be honest they get bigger and I can't fit in my fitted jeans. I haven't worked them out for a year, I mean I use them to lift heavy weights, I run etc... If I do leg exercises but light weight, high reps and fast pace they shouldn't get big but toned right? Right now just really focusing on cutting. I'm a natural ecto so it's not that hard to lose weight.
  11. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Hey Kris, if I work them out to be honest they get bigger and I can't fit in my fitted jeans. I haven't worked them out for a year, I mean I use them to lift heavy weights, I run etc... If I do leg exercises but light weight, high reps and fast pace they shouldn't get big but toned right? Right now just really focusing on cutting. I'm a natural ecto so it's not that hard to lose weight.
    right on bro. just giving some advice.

    its all about what makes you happy and satisfies your goals, not myself or anyone else.

    good luck on whatever route you take.
  12. New Member
    kingjmack's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    39
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%

    There are some gym rats where I work out that want to do the same thing. Lose leg muscle. I think they want to do it so their legs an fit into a wider range of pants.
  13. New Member
    Matt6969's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    284
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%

    why dont you just work your upperbody more until you look proportionate.
  14. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

    I don't want to look to big. I bulked last year up to 200 lbs and hated it. I rather be slim/atheletic any day over body builder look. Some guys love it and I respect that but I don't want to look big.
  15. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    73.8%

    if you just want to be slim and athletic you could probably just stop lifting weights and cut. Then just lift for maintenance
  16. New Member
    NutriSci's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    34.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    I don't want to look to big. I bulked last year up to 200 lbs and hated it. I rather be slim/atheletic any day over body builder look. Some guys love it and I respect that but I don't want to look big.
    What about looking muscular and athletic. Why would ANYONE want to be slim? Have you seen Terrell Owens, or Reggie Bush? They are muscular and a couple of the most athletic people on the planet.
  17. Advanced Member
    Delita420's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    533
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%

    WTF!?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. build muscle and lose fat!! can it be done?!
    By workout18 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
  2. Lose fat keep muscle?
    By JDoc37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
  3. i want to LOSE muscle
    By davelf in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:26 AM
  4. Want to gain muscle+lose fat on M1T
    By Phenomenal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in