I want to lose leg muscle!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. You didn't post any showing your thighs...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys



  2. That's true I will take pics soon and post those up. I'm wearing super baggy shorts, those are from when I bulked last year around this time, I usually wear fitted stuff. I weighed the most at 201 and now I'm 170. What do you think though now looking at these pics from that angle maybe I will lose some size when I cut? Maybe I just need to tone them but I always stretch when I play soccer? Man I sound like a chick.

    Right now to cut I'm taking SX and it's the first day. Wow man I have tons of energy and it basically allows me to cut diet, we shall see at the end of the week.
    •   
       


  3. You can't tell anything from this pics. You're in board shorts that cover everything.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. Ya that's true it looks a little weird. I just got back from work so I put on anything and didn't realize I'd be in the mood to take pics for AM But ok I have to go now, when I come back I'll take pull thigh + calve pics to show the whole thing. Thanks for the time to give advice, appreciate it man.

  5. those legs are not disproportionate

    nice try though
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    My legs are pretty muscular especially the calves. It's from all that soccer that I played and I want to lose some muscle in the legs. I know to diet and do no leg exercises but I tried that. I need some advice!
    Your pics do not really show your legs at all. Calves a little, but not any thigh development, and nothing to compare your upper to lower body.

    As for losing muscle in your legs, I can understand where you are coming from (having disproportionate size in my lower to upper body myself), but dieting and doing no exercises for legs is NOT necessarily going to do this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    start running and cycling. Burn it off
    Cycling will actually INcrease muscle mass in your legs, Dave (trust me, I KNOW). And depending on what type of running you do (i.e. sprinting or long distance) will determine as well, although neither will "burn it off" ("it" being muscle; although may help with decreasing bodyfat, which can help 'slim down' your legs).


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    But I wanted to know because I read somewhere that slow running can decrease the size along with low calories. Is it long distance running(like marathons) or can I just use an elliptic machine?
    Slow running won't decrease the size of your legs. As far as distance running; this is not necessarily slow at all. However, distance running can decrease the size of legs, simply because it will generally causes a decrease in body fat (especially if diet is targeted to suit).


    Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    If being disproportionate is your problem, why not try to build some more muscle on your upper body?...
    I did that. I got to the point where I was proportional, and then I had an injury. And lost upper body size and gained MORE lower body size (since I could only do cardio whilst casted). Grrrr...


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    ...I train my legs in a diminished capacity now and have added some size back...
    Yes. I stopped training my legs in the gym for almost 2 years, only training them on and off, since anything (regardless of weight, sets, or reps) caused muscle gain there. However, in saying that, you will get BETTER muscle growth in your upper body if you train legs (or at least do a few sets of squats before going into your other training).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  7. Well thick calves are genetic, lossing that thick look will be hard for you to do. Some guys just have thick calves.. JUst don't train them, what else could you possibly do..

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yes. I stopped training my legs in the gym for almost 2 years, only training them on and off, since anything (regardless of weight, sets, or reps) caused muscle gain there. However, in saying that, you will get BETTER muscle growth in your upper body if you train legs (or at least do a few sets of squats before going into your other training).
    To an extent, yes, but the reason I stopped training legs was to balance out my physique and also because excessive thigh girth was a hindrance for my submissions. I have actually has my best strength gains when I hardly train my legs (less CNS fatigue is my presumption), but, by this time, my thighs were well over 28" when I was around 190 or so. Between GPP, BJJ, sparring, and the other S&C portions, having lingering DOMS was just not in my best interest.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    those legs are not disproportionate

    nice try though
    I wasn't trying to show off or brag, in fact if you say they're not disproportionate that's great.

  10. I didn't have time but when I get back from work I'll try and take a pic that shows my calves and thigh. I know that's proportionate but it's always my calves that are being shown, not thighs but if you guys think they aren't that big then I'm happy. See the only reason I bring this up is that 3 different girls told me this so I took it into consideration.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    I wasn't trying to show off or brag, in fact if you say they're not disproportionate that's great.
    IMO, I would hit them harder.

    If you want to get some overall growth in your upper body. Run the starting strength program along with lots of cals.

    Everyone has different goals. So do what you want.

    No matter how big my legs got, I would not stop training them.

    Good luck on whichever you choose.

  12. Ok here is my thigh pic with calves.







    It's proportionate in those pics... I know I'll lose some size in my legs as I am cutting now for the summer so maybe I should just drop it. Thanks for everyone's inputs and time, GREATLY appreciated.

  13. There is no reason for you to say your thighs are too large.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There is no reason for you to say your thighs are too large.
    ^^^ I agree. There's nothing disproportional about your lower body compared to your upper body. And your legs are far from what would be considered "large".
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  15. its pretty well balanced imo

    but how much smaller would you want to reduce it?

  16. Awesome thanks for the feedback. At first I didn't think they were too big but I got those comments at work from 3 girls, one I dated at the time. They said my legs were too big but the only time they saw my legs is when I bulked last year and they got huge. Thanks again guys.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Awesome thanks for the feedback. At first I didn't think they were too big but I got those comments at work from 3 girls, one I dated at the time. They said my legs were too big but the only time they saw my legs is when I bulked last year and they got huge. Thanks again guys.
    nah, your good bro.


    hit them legs harder bro..........

    slow and low got my legs to grow.......those and deadlifts.......LOTS of them.

    Calories. lots of calories

    see pic of my fat azz in my log......below.

  18. i grew up playing soccer too.. my legs are also much "thicker" than the rest of my body..
    The reason I got into bodybuiding was to make myself more proportionate too..
    Instead of actually trying to lower my leg mass though, I hit upper body and did some occasional sprints.. I've evened out nicely in the past 2 years.. Also- I never stopped playing soccer so I wouldn't say I've lost any mass in my legs either.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
    i grew up playing soccer too.. my legs are also much "thicker" than the rest of my body..
    The reason I got into bodybuiding was to make myself more proportionate too..
    Instead of actually trying to lower my leg mass though, I hit upper body and did some occasional sprints.. I've evened out nicely in the past 2 years.. Also- I never stopped playing soccer so I wouldn't say I've lost any mass in my legs either.

    good advice.

    lucky you.........i have/had bird legs forever.

    i got screwed on both sides of the tree.

  20. Hey Kris, if I work them out to be honest they get bigger and I can't fit in my fitted jeans. I haven't worked them out for a year, I mean I use them to lift heavy weights, I run etc... If I do leg exercises but light weight, high reps and fast pace they shouldn't get big but toned right? Right now just really focusing on cutting. I'm a natural ecto so it's not that hard to lose weight.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    Hey Kris, if I work them out to be honest they get bigger and I can't fit in my fitted jeans. I haven't worked them out for a year, I mean I use them to lift heavy weights, I run etc... If I do leg exercises but light weight, high reps and fast pace they shouldn't get big but toned right? Right now just really focusing on cutting. I'm a natural ecto so it's not that hard to lose weight.
    right on bro. just giving some advice.

    its all about what makes you happy and satisfies your goals, not myself or anyone else.

    good luck on whatever route you take.

  22. There are some gym rats where I work out that want to do the same thing. Lose leg muscle. I think they want to do it so their legs an fit into a wider range of pants.

  23. why dont you just work your upperbody more until you look proportionate.

  24. I don't want to look to big. I bulked last year up to 200 lbs and hated it. I rather be slim/atheletic any day over body builder look. Some guys love it and I respect that but I don't want to look big.

  25. if you just want to be slim and athletic you could probably just stop lifting weights and cut. Then just lift for maintenance

  26. Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    I don't want to look to big. I bulked last year up to 200 lbs and hated it. I rather be slim/atheletic any day over body builder look. Some guys love it and I respect that but I don't want to look big.
    What about looking muscular and athletic. Why would ANYONE want to be slim? Have you seen Terrell Owens, or Reggie Bush? They are muscular and a couple of the most athletic people on the planet.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. build muscle and lose fat!! can it be done?!
    By workout18 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
  2. Lose fat keep muscle?
    By JDoc37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
  3. i want to LOSE muscle
    By davelf in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:26 AM
  4. Want to gain muscle+lose fat on M1T
    By Phenomenal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Log in
Log in