Supersetting question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%

Supersetting question

I don't know if this is popular or not, but has anybody tried supersetting squats or deadlifts with bicepts+tricepts? Would doing a squat set and then immediatly doing bicept then tricept exercises help get the HGH and Test from squats into the smaller muscle groups or am I off on this?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    I don't know if this is popular or not, but has anybody tried supersetting squats or deadlifts with bicepts+tricepts? Would doing a squat set and then immediatly doing bicept then tricept exercises help get the HGH and Test from squats into the smaller muscle groups or am I off on this?
    I believe the hormonal response from Squats and DLs is systemic and affects all skeletal muscle tissue. I can't say for sure, but I don't believe super-setting would have a greater impact on the target muscles than simply training those muscles earlier in the same session or even the day before. Anyways, I think if you did some arm work after your DLs or Squats then you would be just as well off as opposed to doing it immediately afterward (probably more so due to the recovery period allowing you to regain your composure and put up heavier weight for more reps).

But I'm no expert -- plus, I would bitch out on anything I tried to super-set with Squats or DLs!
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

^^^Nailed it. Performing the curls or whatever in the same session will provide the same amount of benefit as supersetting with Squats or DLs would.

Supersetting is a good way to increase the density of your training though - shorten the time of your sessions and keep your heartrate elevated longer, which can translate to help with recomping.

Squats and DLs in any superset is taxing, but rewarding. I highly recommend it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I believe the hormonal response from Squats and DLs is systemic and affects all skeletal muscle tissue. I can't say for sure, but I don't believe super-setting would have a greater impact on the target muscles than simply training those muscles earlier in the same session or even the day before. Anyways, I think if you did some arm work after your DLs or Squats then you would be just as well off as opposed to doing it immediately afterward (probably more so due to the recovery period allowing you to regain your composure and put up heavier weight for more reps).

But I'm no expert -- plus, I would bitch out on anything I tried to super-set with Squats or DLs!
    that's what i gather as well. test is released into the bloodstream and affects all muscles. your theory (OP) is that by supersetting another exercise into a squat/deadlift set, you would be forcing that blood (with a higher testosterone level) into the secondary muscle via a pump. i really don't know how effective that would work - though you're welcome to try it and post your results - in the interest of science
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%

Yea i only say because I have been doing GVT, and I decided to try mixing some light bicep and tricep exercises in and I got a pretty awesome pump, but as I only tried it one workout I cant say for sure. I want to design a new workout routine to start in a week to incorporate it, and test to see for sure. Not sure exactly how I should go about this though. I'm thinking take my 1rm for bench/squat/dead lift tomorrow, weekend off and then start my new routine. I guess get my body stats too, which I can do in school b/c I have an applied anatomy class where we take BF% and Blood pressure every other day.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree. I was always told by bigger guys than me that whatever i worked with legs would grow faster, but i found that just working legs,in fact, made me grow faster.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2