Curl rack squatters!

Bruce9241

Awards
anyone ever go to the Curling area and start squatting? you know, use the curved curl bar and load up some 45's and start squatting infront of the mirror. You can even eyeball the curlers there for not curling low enough.

I think this would be a good statement to make. People won't know what you're doing at first, but once they go home and post it on their favorite bodybuilding website/fraternity chatroom to get some feedback, they will understand whats really going on.

One benefit of squatting with the curved curl bar is the bar weighs less so you'll be able to load up on more weight on the sides and look stronger.

TeaEhRoar

Awards
Should concentrate on what your doing first, if thats trying to be the big man then thats cool, but i wouldnt appreciate it if i were starting out at a new gym espicially if you actually did move to the curling area to squat it would blow my temper. Remember everyone trains in their own way and you can tell alot about people from how they train use that to your advantage cuz training is a mans game and at the moment i'd call you a poser.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever go to the Curling area and start squatting? you know, use the curved curl bar and load up some 45's and start squatting infront of the mirror. You can even eyeball the curlers there for not curling low enough.

I think this would be a good statement to make. People won't know what you're doing at first, but once they go home and post it on their favorite bodybuilding website/fraternity chatroom to get some feedback, they will understand whats really going on.

One benefit of squatting with the curved curl bar is the bar weighs less so you'll be able to load up on more weight on the sides and look stronger.
Fucking brilliant.:scool:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Should concentrate on what your doing first, if thats trying to be the big man then thats cool, but i wouldnt appreciate it if i were starting out at a new gym espicially if you actually did move to the curling area to squat it would blow my temper. Remember everyone trains in their own way and you can tell alot about people from how they train use that to your advantage cuz training is a mans game and at the moment i'd call you a poser.
At the moment I would say you have advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage.

TeaEhRoar

Awards
haha nar man just think its a di"k head thing to do showing off infront of people who dont know what they are doing

i can see the humour in it but dont agree with it

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as the rack is empty I don't care ofcourse we have a smith machine and two squat racks where I am at so it's not as big deal for me. If someone isn't goofing off and doing straight sets then i'm fine

GTmauf

Awards
I don't think that's the point of his statement. He's making fun of the people who do curls in the Squat rack.

He's saying to go do Squats at the curl rack.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
sweet god, there's a curl rack? that's awesome -- now I have somewhere to go when i've fully transitioned into a vagine and need assistance/assurance on curls.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
let me break it down why you shouldnt get so pissy about it lol

1. Where are the two places they have barbells in the gym 45 pound barbell?
A: Squat Racks and Bench Press

2. Where do 95% of gym memebers spend there entire workout?
A: Bench Press

3. Now you want to do Barbell Curls but the Chest club is benching away where do you find an empty barbell?
A: Squat rack

it use to bother me then i realized the above so yea it sucks but i cant blame em.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
let me break it down why you shouldnt get so pissy about it lol

1. Where are the two places they have barbells in the gym 45 pound barbell?
A: Squat Racks and Bench Press

2. Where do 95% of gym memebers spend there entire workout?
A: Bench Press

3. Now you want to do Barbell Curls but the Chest club is benching away where do you find an empty barbell?
A: Squat rack

it use to bother me then i realized the above so yea it sucks but i cant blame em.
haha I see your point, but with reference to where I train at, #1, #2, and #3 would all be incorrect. Our gym has an rack of empty barbells for curls, tricep work, DLs, you name it (talking 8-9 empty bars NOT for Bench Press or Squats).

Now when this is the case and you see someone taking the barbell intended to be used for squats IN THE SQUAT RACK instead of going to the corner and picking out one of the barbells that are intended for curls and work that should be done outside the squat rack, it is very irritating and stupid (there are only 2 Squat Racks).

In your gym, it might not seem like a big deal -- and that's totally fine. But in gyms where there are plenty of free barbells and options for curls (none of which include taking up a squat rack), it just pisses off everybody else.. trust me!

TeaEhRoar

Awards
Didnt realise that not every gym has the 8kg barbells for curling, chining etc thats why i thought it was a di khead thing to do. But even if a gym doesnt have them, he is not actually getting at the people who are currently curling the olymbic barbell is he, he is getting in the road of people trying to train, doing the same thing as the "curlers" who got in his way, and am all am saying is i wouldnt like it if that happened to me and that i would say something and that by trying to look stronger he sounds like a poser.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yeaaa i mean i love my gym real nice tons of machines but i wish we had power racks... and yea nothing worse then going in to deadlift and having to use the worn out bar with no grip because the deadlifting bar is being used by this old guy whos cleaning/curling 30 pounds on each sideeee!

Bruce9241

Awards
yeaaa i mean i love my gym real nice tons of machines but i wish we had power racks... and yea nothing worse then going in to deadlift and having to use the worn out bar with no grip because the deadlifting bar is being used by this old guy whos cleaning/curling 30 pounds on each sideeee!

OOOh i totally hate that. At my gym there is room dedicated to legs. There are two squat racks, one power rack and a smith machine plus some other leg equipment. The bars at the squat/power racks are totally worn down. No grip whatsoever. I think I'm going to go swpa it out with a bench bar one of these days.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea i couldnt get 425 off the ground for DL with the worn down bar the week b4 i was a couple inches from locking out 425 it makes a huge difference..

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What if you are curling 45's on each side?

I generally do mine on a bench press, there's no where else to do that.

dropshot001

Awards
if you are curling with 45s on each side you are probably pretty strong. if you can't deadlift that thign off the floor and then begin your set then you're pretty pitiful

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you are curling with 45s on each side you are probably pretty strong. if you can't deadlift that thign off the floor and then begin your set then you're pretty pitiful
Or you have a totally destroyed lower back that keeps you from walking more than a quarter mile... just saying, thats the case for me.