5'5 230lbs. Am I way too fat?

Bruce9241

Awards
I used to weigh 205lbs. I thought I was fat back then, but now im at 230lbs. I've been lifting pretty hard lately. Squats/Deadlifts/Bench/Dips/Shoulder press/back rows etc.

I know I put on some fat because my old pants are way too tight now and don't really fit any more, but I also know I put on a lot of muscle weight too because my legs are freaken huge now.

My waist size used to be 38. Now a size 38 is super tight on me and I probably need size 40 pants. My question is, how much weight should I drop and how fast should I do it? I don't want to lose any muslce. I just want to lose the fat and keep packing on muscle mass.

thedawg3545

thedawg3545

Awards
whats your bf %, i could help u more if i knew that. if you can't fit into your pants anymore that means your gaining weight in the wrong places. seems to me that you need to cut

Bruce9241

Awards
Yea I've gained some fat around the belly area. I'm pretty sure a lot of the weight gained went to my shoulders and back though. Those two areas have gotten a lot more massive lately. I'm not sure what my BF% is. I'm sure I can go to the gym and have them do use that little caliper thing to find out. Is 20-25 minutes of light cardio enough to lose weight? Usually when I'm done with my lifts I'm pretty beat from doing the 5x5 type routines so I don't do much cardio. I try to cut down my daily intake to less than 2000 calories though.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Yea I've gained some fat around the belly area. I'm pretty sure a lot of the weight gained went to my shoulders and back though. Those two areas have gotten a lot more massive lately. I'm not sure what my BF% is. I'm sure I can go to the gym and have them do use that little caliper thing to find out. Is 20-25 minutes of light cardio enough to lose weight? Usually when I'm done with my lifts I'm pretty beat from doing the 5x5 type routines so I don't do much cardio. I try to cut down my daily intake to less than 2000 calories though.
Caloric deficit is how you lose weight normally 500-1k calories under is safest doing cardio on separate days then lifting is a good idea eat as clean as possible and do cardio and you will lose weight.

BPS2

Awards
I can't stress enough, diet and cardio, they will work wonders, you will be surprised at first how fast the fat will come off with a structured diet and a cardio routine.