Dc training... - AnabolicMinds.com

Dc training...

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Dc training...

What are peoples thoughts on this type of training?

2. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.

I absolutely love it, but found it to not be best for cutting, so I dropped it for now. I'll be back on DC in the fall.

Lots of threads on DC training here. You should check out Intense Muscle as well (the dogg pound forum).
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    I absolutely love it, but found it to not be best for cutting, so I dropped it for now. I'll be back on DC in the fall.

Lots of threads on DC training here. You should check out Intense Muscle as well (the dogg pound forum).
    Indeed. Ive been running it for a few weeks now, it is intense for sure. I was curious as to peoples results. I feel as though my old splits are geting ragged.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why did you find that?

I had the complete opposite experience, even when i got very low in cals.

I love it as well, and will likely never need to train in another fashion.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Best advice i can give someone starting DC is make sure you ACTUALLY understand the program, and are doing it correctly. It seems like most people that don't do well on it, aren't even doing it correctly, or are bastardizing it in some way.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Im still on a bulk, currently 225 at about 12%. I understand the program, just a bit foggy on the stretching. My biggest problem i have found is completing day one (chest shoulders tris bw and bt) in a timely manner, and i train VERY hard. Im considering making it a three day split.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Im still on a bulk, currently 225 at about 12%. I understand the program, just a bit foggy on the stretching. My biggest problem i have found is completing day one (chest shoulders tris bw and bt) in a timely manner, and i train VERY hard. Im considering making it a three day split.
    How long is it taking you? Usually takes me a bit over an hr.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    How long is it taking you? Usually takes me a bit over an hr.
    How many warm up sets are you doing per BP?
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

How many warm up sets are you doing per BP?
    It depends.. chest i really warm up good because i am cold, but my tri/delts are getting worked there, so it doesn't take me as long to warm up for them.

If i am doing smith incline i may do 135 x 10, 185x 6, 225 x 6, 275 x 1(just to get the feel for the weight), then do my set.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

It depends.. chest i really warm up good because i am cold, but my tri/delts are getting worked there, so it doesn't take me as long to warm up for them.

If i am doing smith incline i may do 135 x 10, 185x 6, 225 x 6, 275 x 1(just to get the feel for the weight), then do my set.
    Thats about what i do, except i free weight. I feel like i might be over warming shoulders, i typically will do standing press 135x10 155x8 175x4 185 RP. By the time i get through bench and standing press, im not only ready to vomit, but its been a bit of time. Then i move to BB rows, and go 135x10 155x10 185x10 225 RP. Now its been almost 45 min and i still have to do back width and tris. So my problem seems to lie in to much warm up, no?
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Thats about what i do, except i free weight. I feel like i might be over warming shoulders, i typically will do standing press 135x10 155x8 175x4 185 RP. By the time i get through bench and standing press, im not only ready to vomit, but its been a bit of time. Then i move to BB rows, and go 135x10 155x10 185x10 225 RP. Now its been almost 45 min and i still have to do back width and tris. So my problem seems to lie in to much warm up, no?
    Why are you rowing before doing tris, and back width? Also why are you RP'ng Rows?

Only you know if it is too much warm-up. You dont wanna get hurt.. If you feel warmed up, then it is enough.

After chest if i was doing standing press, id do 135 x 10, 155 x 6/7, then do my set.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Why are you rowing before doing tris, and back width? Also why are you RP'ng Rows?

Only you know if it is too much warm-up. You dont wanna get hurt.. If you feel warmed up, then it is enough.

After chest i was doing standing press, id do 135 x 10, 155 x 6/7, then do my set.
    I was under the impression i Rped every exercise. This is not correct? I dont always do rows first, but why would that be bad?
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I was under the impression i Rped every exercise. This is not correct? I dont always do rows first, but why would that be bad?
    Barbell rows are done SS(straight set).. Not everything is rest paused.. Forearms, back thickness, quads, calves, some ham movements(rdl,sdl,sumo leg press) as all done with straight sets.

As for exercise order, i would do it in the fashion it is laid out, for sure.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Barbell rows are done SS(straight set).. Not everything is rest paused.. Forearms, back thickness, quads, calves, some ham movements(rdl,sdl,sumo leg press) as all done with straight sets.

As for exercise order, i would do it in the fashion it is laid out, for sure.
    If you find time, could you pm me your split, with exercises of choice, and which are RPed? I did alot of research, but i obviously screwed something up somewhere. Also, what are the stretching movements?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

agree....DC is awesome. And the lifting program DOES NOT determine best for cutting/bulking.....YOUR DIET / CARDIO determines this. Please. If you are not ready to basically pass out on some of your days in the gym, do not attempt this program. Im telling ya 225 x 23 on squat is no joke (may not be alot to some people, but it is for me).

Not everything is RP'd.
    Beat the book everytime your particular exercise rolls around again.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    agree....DC is awesome. And the lifting program DOES NOT determine best for cutting/bulking.....YOUR DIET / CARDIO determines this. Please. If you are not ready to basically pass out on some of your days in the gym, do not attempt this program. Im telling ya 225 x 23 on squat is no joke (may not be alot to some people, but it is for me).

Not everything is RP'd.
    Beat the book everytime your particular exercise rolls around again.
    Passing out is deff an option,lol. I think ive got it nailed down now, thanks to the tremendous help from impresiver (spelling).
  17. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.

I agree to an extent. Believe me, I was doing DC for the first month of my cut. I just felt I needed to get more time and reps in to burn more cals. I'll get getting back to DC as soon as I'm done cutting. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    And the lifting program DOES NOT determine best for cutting/bulking.....YOUR DIET / CARDIO determines this.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.

did you know that the DC in DC training stands for doggcrapp?
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt6969 View Post
    did you know that the DC in DC training stands for doggcrapp?
    I sure did!
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I agree to an extent. Believe me, I was doing DC for the first month of my cut. I just felt I needed to get more time and reps in to burn more cals. I'll get getting back to DC as soon as I'm done cutting. I love it.
    For me, when dieting i bump all my rep ranges up, to the 20-30rp range. I find i can stay progressing longer this way, and i can make my blasts last for a bit longer.. I have always had great success dieting with DC. Strength going up, fat coming off, cant really ask for more then that.
  21. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.

Hhmmm... never thought of moving the reps up like that. Might be something I can work with. I'm going to run with this "standard" training for a bit more, just cause I've neglected a lot of parts in the last 6 months or so, but might hop back on. We'll see how it goes.

I also forgot to mention I train in the morning in a fasted state while cutting. DC is brutal when fasted.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Hhmmm... never thought of moving the reps up like that. Might be something I can work with. I'm going to run with this "standard" training for a bit more, just cause I've neglected a lot of parts in the last 6 months or so, but might hop back on. We'll see how it goes.

I also forgot to mention I train in the morning in a fasted state while cutting. DC is brutal when fasted.
    fasted? i cant even fathom dc fasted!!
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

FWIW i train at 5am as well, and have done many fasted workouts.. I don't really do it anymore, but last year, for 6 months or so, i did all fasted workouts, just sipping on Xtend. Low/no carb dieting to boot.lol
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

FWIW i train at 5am as well, and have done many fasted workouts.. I don't really do it anymore, but last year, for 6 months or so, i did all fasted workouts, just sipping on Xtend. Low/no carb dieting to boot.lol
    Wow, that must have been tough!!
  25. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.

Yeah, I rock 4 scoops of Xtend and 1 scoop of bulk BCAA's, then when I'm done I have a post workout shake with whey, waxy maize and p-slin.

I found the only way I could complete a DC workout in a fasted state was to do all of my stretches at the very end of the workout.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 12:27 AM