Loosing focus

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Loosing focus

I have gotten to a point where I am loosing focus in the gym. My form has gotten sloppy and the workouts seem flat. I know things in my personal life are probably the biggest contributing factor. Trying to sort out all the bull***t with my wife(we are separated) is really taking a toll.

What I am curious about is if you guys would recommend taking some time off or continue to plow thru and hope for the best? Any thoughts on supps that might help me get out of this funk would be appreciated. I have tried changing my routine, sets, reps...you name it. Normally, I take a few days off every 6 to 8 weeks to recharge the batteries. Don't know if it would help or hurt at this point. Any Thoughts.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Only tiem I lose focus is when im tired or my mind isnt there kinda like your situation. I just try to block everything out,

cant really give any advice on focus supps, never used any
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

damn tough question im not even married but when my gf is pissed at me or something it always bothers me.. umm try going to the gym at night if possible go to work im assuming u have a 9-5 type of job take care of family life, all that other grown up stuff like paying bills etc... then at night go workout and just use it as a stress reliever.. every time im crammed with exams and girl problems that really works gyms usually not full and only ppl there are pretty chill so its nice stress realser.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    damn tough question im not even married but when my gf is pissed at me or something it always bothers me.. umm try going to the gym at night if possible go to work im assuming u have a 9-5 type of job take care of family life, all that other grown up stuff like paying bills etc... then at night go workout and just use it as a stress reliever.. every time im crammed with exams and girl problems that really works gyms usually not full and only ppl there are pretty chill so its nice stress realser.
    Ya i do sorta the same thing, especially w/ school work. If Im studying for a test or got something im stressing, Ill go workout earlier that day. Seems to help my mood.

as far my girl being mad at me, whats new? I dont let that bother me at all
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Answers

i generally also go in the morning... it puts you in a little bit of a better mood for the rest of the day.... plus if you wait til the end of the day, you have had all the "BS" on your mind all day and cant concentrate, if you did it in the morning your brain would be clear of "BS"
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Ya i do sorta the same thing, especially w/ school work. If Im studying for a test or got something im stressing, Ill go workout earlier that day. Seems to help my mood.

as far my girl being mad at me, whats new? I dont let that bother me at all

lol i just hate the BS with girls i have had lately, they hook up with u then get a bf and there bf will be trying to call u out..and im like sorry man while u had to get a realtionship i got it in one night
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

lol i just hate the BS with girls i have had lately, they hook up with u then get a bf and there bf will be trying to call u out..and im like sorry man while u had to get a realtionship i got it in one night
    haha Ive been there before!! Same situation exactly!! The dude didnt really bother to call me out, hes got me by about 6inches but I got him by 30lbs oh haiii i like ur gf hahaha
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

yea this kid tries to call me out, not to mention ive seen him sobbing like a baby over his gf.. hahah i laughed him off. been called out by 2 guys lately.. im just like my bad i hooked up with ya girl haha.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

yea this kid tries to call me out, not to mention ive seen him sobbing like a baby over his gf.. hahah i laughed him off. been called out by 2 guys lately.. im just like my bad i hooked up with ya girl haha.
    Lol one of the reasons I started going to the gym. The last few girlfriends I've had started off dating someone else. Of course the dude gets sour and wants to fight me. Whatever, no worries heh
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

i cant help but try to get with any girl haha guys that are in love with them tend to have a problem but hey ur only a teenager once
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift View Post
    I have gotten to a point where I am loosing focus in the gym. My form has gotten sloppy and the workouts seem flat. I know things in my personal life are probably the biggest contributing factor. Trying to sort out all the bull***t with my wife(we are separated) is really taking a toll.

What I am curious about is if you guys would recommend taking some time off or continue to plow thru and hope for the best? Any thoughts on supps that might help me get out of this funk would be appreciated. I have tried changing my routine, sets, reps...you name it. Normally, I take a few days off every 6 to 8 weeks to recharge the batteries. Don't know if it would help or hurt at this point. Any Thoughts.
    Just giving yourself a break from lifting so that you can focus on other things could be good and beneficial for you at this point. Some kind of mood enhancer and energy booster may really help you out during this time. I like to use X-Force. When I'm feeling tired and down popping a couple of caps helps perk me up a little. It is subtle, but very noticeable. I also dose this product pre workout because of the stamina and focus it provides while I'm lifting.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Answers

take a full week to 2 weeks off, stay active as possible but dont intentionally do a hardcore lifting session from the sounds of it ur CNS is burnt out, your burnt out, and really sounds like an injury is likely if u keep this up.

As far as pre-workout supps to help with intensity, personally if i have a problem with an aspect of my life i generally blow it out of proportion then get angry then lift and using lifts to get my aggression out, this doesnt help the problem but helps with intensity in the weight room.
    OTC supps- Any NO (idealy somethign like nano vapor that stuff gets me wired), really thats about it.

Honestly if your feeling depressed though take the time off and get your head straight first, if you where angry i would tell u to keep lifting but thats not the case.

Hey man goodluck with everything sorry to hear the bad news,
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rochabp focus' on the task at hand with Focus XT
    By rochabp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:45 PM
  2. FL3X needs to FOCUS: A Focus XT review
    By FL3X MAGNUM in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
  3. Lucidrol Providing Focus in the Gym and Focus in Life