5 sets of squat and bench?
- 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
- 04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
wut my teams doing are to core lifts (bench and squat) on mon. and friday and the other core lifts (deadlift and clean) on wed. the number of sets and reps varies per week. We also to a bunch of different auxillury(sp.?) lifts those days as well
- 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
thats dumb 5 x 10 is like a bodybuilder workout u need strength for football more like 5 x 5 or even 5 x 3 something like that.
04-21-2009, 03:23 AM
For strength it should be more like 5x5-8....and you gotta make sure that last rep almost kills you. I'm an athlete too, and always try to get 3-5 sets of 8 reps on every exercise while training for strength (usually just in the offseason).
04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 24Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:04 AM
- By quadzilla500 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
- By ChaseRoy in forum General ChatReplies: 29Last Post: 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
- By hawkeyes56 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 12Last Post: 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM
- By The Paper Route in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM