pec help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

pec help

Hey fellas I need some help here. I lift chest every monday and usually do between 5-7 different exercises with workout lasting about 50-70 minutes. My question is I have some unwanted fat on the sides of my pecs that i cant seem to get rid of. I have tried adding in more fly exercises but have not seen much improvement??? What has helped you fellas that have had this problem?? I just want to get more cut up in the pec area! Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    You kind of answered the question yourself.

If you have excess fat on your body then you need to diet it off, exercises won't 'spot reduce' excess fat in a particular area.

Post up your diet on the nutrition forum if you need help mate.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hey fellas I need some help here. I lift chest every monday and usually do between 5-7 different exercises with workout lasting about 50-70 minutes. My question is I have some unwanted fat on the sides of my pecs that i cant seem to get rid of. I have tried adding in more fly exercises but have not seen much improvement??? What has helped you fellas that have had this problem?? I just want to get more cut up in the pec area! Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    i had the same question back a few months ago..more definition in my chest
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.28%

UKstrength has hit the nail on the head.

If theres fat on your chest then all the bench pressing flying pushup pullovers in the world arent going to change that, because simply its not your exercise selection thats the cause; its your diet and body fat percentage.

More definition = less bodyfat bro.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

Ok fellas that is what i thought its not much at all just a little that bothers me so I am going to add in more cardio and tweak my diet...thanks fellas
  6. UKStrength

Ok fellas that is what i thought its not much at all just a little that bothers me so I am going to add in more cardio and tweak my diet...thanks fellas
    no worries mate, good luck.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

as most said it's not really the workouts as much as diet, but a few months ago i did a chest routine looking somewhat like this, superset flat bench with incline flyes 4X8, then incline bench with flat flyes 4x8, incline db presses with decline presses 4x6...it didn't make my chest to much stronger but i was constantly sore the next day and i did get some good definition