pec help

  1. New Member
    flex13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

    pec help


    Hey fellas I need some help here. I lift chest every monday and usually do between 5-7 different exercises with workout lasting about 50-70 minutes. My question is I have some unwanted fat on the sides of my pecs that i cant seem to get rid of. I have tried adding in more fly exercises but have not seen much improvement??? What has helped you fellas that have had this problem?? I just want to get more cut up in the pec area! Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    You kind of answered the question yourself.

    If you have excess fat on your body then you need to diet it off, exercises won't 'spot reduce' excess fat in a particular area.

    Post up your diet on the nutrition forum if you need help mate.
  3. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2370
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Hey fellas I need some help here. I lift chest every monday and usually do between 5-7 different exercises with workout lasting about 50-70 minutes. My question is I have some unwanted fat on the sides of my pecs that i cant seem to get rid of. I have tried adding in more fly exercises but have not seen much improvement??? What has helped you fellas that have had this problem?? I just want to get more cut up in the pec area! Do I need to loose overall bodyfat for this problem or what?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    i had the same question back a few months ago..more definition in my chest
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    43.28%

    UKstrength has hit the nail on the head.

    If theres fat on your chest then all the bench pressing flying pushup pullovers in the world arent going to change that, because simply its not your exercise selection thats the cause; its your diet and body fat percentage.

    More definition = less bodyfat bro.
  5. New Member
    flex13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

    Ok fellas that is what i thought its not much at all just a little that bothers me so I am going to add in more cardio and tweak my diet...thanks fellas
  6. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Ok fellas that is what i thought its not much at all just a little that bothers me so I am going to add in more cardio and tweak my diet...thanks fellas
    no worries mate, good luck.
  7. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    1369329
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    as most said it's not really the workouts as much as diet, but a few months ago i did a chest routine looking somewhat like this, superset flat bench with incline flyes 4X8, then incline bench with flat flyes 4x8, incline db presses with decline presses 4x6...it didn't make my chest to much stronger but i was constantly sore the next day and i did get some good definition
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in