pronating arches

HATE

Awards
I was having constant pain in my knees for months, then i went to the doctor and he told me the way my arches are built cause my knees to tend inwards. He also said i could buy a pair of athletic shoes designed for people like me or i could just have custom orthotic insoles made. I know doing things like running and squatting can cause damage if your knees are pronating. can these arche supports endure training enough to keep my legs healthy. Does anyone else have this problem with their feet or does anyone know what i should do with this problem, cause i could use your help cause im lost.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Buy some 5 finger shoes and strengthen the muscles so you don't need arch supports. Barefoot training will correct those muscles and resulting posture.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I do deads and squats barefoot. It has helped my knees and feet, as well as improved my squat form. I will no longer squat in shoes at all.

HATE

Awards
going it barefoot is what i used to do and never had any pain , so ill go back to doing that. but i look at my feet and they are visibly out of place "tending inwards". im just paranoid about having knee/ankle problems later in life, but i will trust another weight lifter over anyone else. thanks for your help

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
going it barefoot is what i used to do and never had any pain , so ill go back to doing that. but i look at my feet and they are visibly out of place "tending inwards". im just paranoid about having knee/ankle problems later in life, but i will trust another weight lifter over anyone else. thanks for your help
Its good to be worried about that. my old man has had two knee surgerys, due to heavy lifting. (says the doc)