pronating arches

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.79%

pronating arches

I was having constant pain in my knees for months, then i went to the doctor and he told me the way my arches are built cause my knees to tend inwards. He also said i could buy a pair of athletic shoes designed for people like me or i could just have custom orthotic insoles made. I know doing things like running and squatting can cause damage if your knees are pronating. can these arche supports endure training enough to keep my legs healthy. Does anyone else have this problem with their feet or does anyone know what i should do with this problem, cause i could use your help cause im lost.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.64%

Buy some 5 finger shoes and strengthen the muscles so you don't need arch supports. Barefoot training will correct those muscles and resulting posture.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%

I do deads and squats barefoot. It has helped my knees and feet, as well as improved my squat form. I will no longer squat in shoes at all.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    I do deads and squats barefoot. It has helped my knees and feet, as well as improved my squat form. I will no longer squat in shoes at all.
    I also do this sometimes.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.79%

going it barefoot is what i used to do and never had any pain , so ill go back to doing that. but i look at my feet and they are visibly out of place "tending inwards". im just paranoid about having knee/ankle problems later in life, but i will trust another weight lifter over anyone else. thanks for your help
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HATE View Post
    going it barefoot is what i used to do and never had any pain , so ill go back to doing that. but i look at my feet and they are visibly out of place "tending inwards". im just paranoid about having knee/ankle problems later in life, but i will trust another weight lifter over anyone else. thanks for your help
    Its good to be worried about that. my old man has had two knee surgerys, due to heavy lifting. (says the doc)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low arches and squatting
    By T-Bar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 10:28 PM