Thank god for FAN BOYS at the gym.

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Angry Thank god for FAN BOYS at the gym.

So today I was in the gym getting loose before my chest/tricep workout. In my university gym you are not allowed to wear a tank top, however you can roll up your sleeves and I sometimes do as it is hot in there. Well I look over during my warm up and see a guy "attempting" to mock me by rolling his up and walking all bowed up.(I DO NOT WALK BOWED UP I ACTUALLY HAVE BAD POSTURE, SORRY I AM THAT MUCH BIGGER THAN HIM WHERE IT LOOKS THAT WAY.) Well I really wanted to go knock him out but I figured I'd be better off using that adrenaline for my upcoming incline DB press. Well thank god for that idiot because I SHATTERED my PR doing 100's on Incline for 13reps, up from 8. Funny thing is his friend came over to me after watching me do it and asked me for work out tips. Now I kind of wish people would piss me off everytime I goto the gym, might help my workouts .

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

You've gotta love the ignorant and insecure individuals in campus gym's.... Never ceases to amaze me how dumb they really are, i've had the EXACT same situation (not including exercises mentioned) occur. When the friend of the mocking **** came to ask me for advice, I told him he should ask his tiny smart ass friend... He really seems to know his ****. Pissed em both off, i got my rage PR out of it and went along my way smiling lol
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

When he asked me what to do I told him to go ahead and lift the 100's too and he'd get big. (I've seen him struggle doing 60's). That was my smart ass way to handle it. Suprisingly it was little fat frat guys who were the cocky pricks.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    When he asked me what to do I told him to go ahead and lift the 100's too and he'd get big. (I've seen him struggle doing 60's). That was my smart ass way to handle it. Suprisingly it was little fat frat guys who were the cocky pricks.
    God aren't they always the most fun to have the pleasure of crossing paths with....
  5. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well Im assuming thats the only way that one guy could impress and entertain his friend,.. by mocking you and being an idiot. He surely couldn't do it by out pressing you, so he had to mock you out of his own jealousy. Personally i would have though it funny,... waited till they were done with w/e exercise they were doing, walked over, put on twice the weight they were doing and make him more jealous by repping it out nonstop.
  6. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Actually had a guy try to "compete" with me at squats today. I was doing my thing, i dont entertain idiots at the gym. Even if my workout partner wants to talk crap, i dont listen. I know what i can do and my limits.

Anyway i wanted to try and break my PR of 425, so i threw a 5 on each side to make 435. Proceeded to knock out 7 reps. PR achieved. This Bozo tells me to "leave it" and puts 450 on there. First way down, buckles cracking something. Hits the ground, ER called. Idiot.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would of if the jerk off wasnt doing crunches for 30 minutes. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    Well Im assuming thats the only way that one guy could impress and entertain his friend,.. by mocking you and being an idiot. He surely couldn't do it by out pressing you, so he had to mock you out of his own jealousy. Personally i would have though it funny,... waited till they were done with w/e exercise they were doing, walked over, put on twice the weight they were doing and make him more jealous by repping it out nonstop.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Now that'd make my day.

I think he had a problem with me rolling my sleeve up. I just dont get it. When people who I KNOW are bigger than me, I watch them and note what they do because it's obviously working. If they want to work out naked then so be it, who would I be to say anything. That is where I dont understand this tool. Best adrenaline rush i've had in a long time though, when you get to 225 pounds not many people do things to purposely piss you off anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Actually had a guy try to "compete" with me at squats today. I was doing my thing, i dont entertain idiots at the gym. Even if my workout partner wants to talk crap, i dont listen. I know what i can do and my limits.

Anyway i wanted to try and break my PR of 425, so i threw a 5 on each side to make 435. Proceeded to knock out 7 reps. PR achieved. This Bozo tells me to "leave it" and puts 450 on there. First way down, buckles cracking something. Hits the ground, ER called. Idiot.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.92%

So today I was in the gym getting loose before my chest/tricep workout. In my university gym you are not allowed to wear a tank top, however you can roll up your sleeves and I sometimes do as it is hot in there. Well I look over during my warm up and see a guy "attempting" to mock me by rolling his up and walking all bowed up.(I DO NOT WALK BOWED UP I ACTUALLY HAVE BAD POSTURE, SORRY I AM THAT MUCH BIGGER THAN HIM WHERE IT LOOKS THAT WAY.) Well I really wanted to go knock him out but I figured I'd be better off using that adrenaline for my upcoming incline DB press. Well thank god for that idiot because I SHATTERED my PR doing 100's on Incline for 13reps, up from 8. Funny thing is his friend came over to me after watching me do it and asked me for work out tips. Now I kind of wish people would piss me off everytime I goto the gym, might help my workouts .
    Where do ya lift at. I could stop by and piss ya off.

Lol.

JP.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

a LONG LONG way from PA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jp17815 View Post

Lol.

JP.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.92%

Quote Originally Posted by jp17815 View Post

Lol.

JP.
    WAIT!!!!!!

Nevermind!
    Just noticed your stats.

However I could call and trash talk ya. JK.

JP..
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Or you could send me a belittling private message everyday telling me im a *****, and i'll print it out and bring it w/me to the gym. Then you can be responsible for my PR's every workout.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post

Poetic Justice!
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Or you could send me a belittling private message everyday telling me im a *****, and i'll print it out and bring it w/me to the gym. Then you can be responsible for my PR's every workout.
    Gimme ur cell # and I will text you every time your at the gym and belittle you. I try to be a good friend you know?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

haha, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Gimme ur cell # and I will text you every time your at the gym and belittle you. I try to be a good friend you know?
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

As I get older (33) I realized a few things, when I was younger I would let those fools bother me to no end, however now I am more focused on my task at hand that their existence has no meaning to me whatsoever, and in fact I dont even know that they are there.

Do not let them get to you. They are not going to help in anyway
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    As I get older (33) I realized a few things, when I was younger I would let those fools bother me to no end, however now I am more focused on my task at hand that their existence has no meaning to me whatsoever, and in fact I dont even know that they are there.

Do not let them get to you. They are not going to help in anyway
    AE14, sry I couldn't resist this.
    I had to when I repped you!

YouTube - It's over 9000!

OK back on topic
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.7%

I've always noticed at gyms it is the smaller skinny guys doing biceps that have the loudest voices and biggest chip on their shoulders. The huge bear of a man powerlifters don't say a damn word. Most of the time I see them walk around with their head down in deep concentration.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.21%

While I'm personally not big enough for anyone to outwardly mock me, and I'm definitely not going to mock anyone in a gym full of 45lb plates that are like a discus to some of the roidragers we have... :S

I find it funny to see other people mock each other. Best to keep your head in game tho, gyms are not for mocking or monkeyin' around. Knock someone out of their concentration and they are gonna be pissed!

P.S Good to be back on AM lots of changes!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

haha, love the roidrager comment.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

Lifting with frat guys is the absolute worst. I play baseball at my school so naturally I'm more focused on getting stronger rather than bigger. When I go into my gym during non athlete hours(all students can use it) I'll sometimes see these guys with big arms in their cut offs...then I proceed to keep looking down to see there skinny little chicken legs. It just amuses me to see these guys doin chest and arms every day walkin around like their hot **** when their calves are practically the size of my forearms.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by poptopop77 View Post
    Lifting with frat guys is the absolute worst.
    add that to the mile-long list of why I can't stand frat boys.

anyways, back to the OP -- well done on hitting that PR! I can't believe someone made fun of you for rolling up your sleeves though? I am a huge critic at the gym and that wouldn't bother me at all -- sleeveless tees or rolled up sleeves seems completely acceptable to me..

oh and when you say 'bowed up' I imagine you mean chest out and shoulders square -- as in standing with good posture which 80% of humans don't do? well done on not getting pissed off enough to lose your focus though!

but yeah, wife beaters, string tops, and any variation of the two should be reserved for the guys who are damn big (i.e. earning the right to wear them -- much like earning the right to shave your arms/legs). branch can wear a string top and it's awesome -- but a normal guy looks like a tool/douche/idiot.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74%

Woo Woo Woo!

Hold there am only 5ft 4 and have never experienced the little guys go on like idiots. Usually for me I have some huge body builder being a smart ****. (although i rarely go to public gyms as i bought my own gear when i turned 18 and got started with tht and stuck to trainin at home since)

I remember this one bloke was around 6'10 and watched me do pull ups and went over to one of them stupid pull down machines(one of the stupidist thngs ever) and put 70kg on and said i wouldnt be able to do it. So i gave it a go and did 20 reps the guys face was funny as, considering i only weigh 57 kilo(featherwight boxer).

One last thing people with chicken legs and huge arms are really funny, if thats their thing let them get on with it i say,

Similar Forum Threads

1. which is better to get the boys up again
    By sugarman in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 01:32 AM
  2. Well here we go boys...
    By rdugan95 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
  3. Trying to help my boys...
    By Jjaden in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5