how do you measure?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.29%

how do you measure?

ok, everyone at the gym measures thier arms when they have finished pumping their arms. i personally measure my arms on the 2nd of each month after i wake up and flex them cold. i am going for accuracy to monitor my gains. right now i am at 17 5/8th. i have never measured pumped up. when people talk about arm size, are they meaning pumped, cold, non-flexed or what? just curious cause you here alot of measurements and i am curious how people are measuring.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well like you said measuring cold in the morning is what your real gains are and what your size really is but some people want to sugar coat there numbers so they do it after a arm session where there maybe a little pumped and fuller.

It is different for everyone in that aspect because everyone measures at different times.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I suppose measuring your arms would be the same as your weight. It doesn't matter how accurate the tool is that you're using or when so do it; so long as you use the same tool and measure it under the same circumstances.

That's one reason I'd never weigh myself at the gym unless I did fasted workouts first thing in the morning. Otherwise there would be so much variance due to water and food that it could get discouraging.

Personally change in weight/muscle size is more important than a number on a scale/tape.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to measure PH powder?
    By jediclampet in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
  2. How Do I Measure BAT?
    By longrob in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
  3. Where to Measure?