very fast reps - AnabolicMinds.com

very fast reps

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

very fast reps

Sometimes not too often I'll do sets where my reps are really fast with light weight. I read weight and speed are the most important things in upping intesity. Tell me what you guys think of fast ass repping. Thanks.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

All my warmups when i bench are extremely fast, but with excellent form. Teaching yourself to be explosive is important if you are trying to get stronger. You can do speed work, but i opt not too.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Explosive (ballistic) movements are great because they create variable resistance. An accelerated weight is heavier than a stationary weight. Example: if you're DB pressing 60lbs dumbbells, and you explode upwards, the weight becomes relatively heavier than it was when it wasn't in motion. Another way to create variable resistance is by using chains. Also, explosive movements more heavily recruits fast-twitch muscle fibers to do the work. I think this type of training is best saved for heavier weights. Here's a few good reads on the subject:

Just make sure that you're exploding the weight in a smooth manor. This type of training requires more concentration and you're more likely to injure yourself if you're not paying attention.

This type of training is best saved for movements that require multiple muscle groups to do work.

Good pie indeed!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need help fast
    By anthony14 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:21 PM
  3. I need Help Fast
    By penn21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:20 AM
  4. Heavy reps or lighter reps better for back?
    By GOG in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 09:23 PM