beginner

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%

beginner

Hi, ive decide that its about time i got back in to shape and was woundering if anyone had and tips on the type of exercise i should start off with. Im 5"11, 160lbs. Ive never really been cut, however this year im determined. and advice, i used to have some muscle in my abdomen, however since becoming a dad i seem to have no time, and ive let it slip. aiming to start with my stomach as i already lift weights so upper body can wait.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Compound exercises like Deadlifts, squats help with ab strength aswell as full body strength, these are good to add to your regimine as they are the buidling blocks of most lifters routines focusing a day around each of these exercises.

The key to getting "cut" is diet and cardio your diet has to be on par look around this forum for examples.

Some good ab exercises are Leg raises, standard crunch, toe touches, dragonfly, but really if you mix in these good diet and squats and deads you will see good abs.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rikkibs86 View Post
    Hi, ive decide that its about time i got back in to shape and was woundering if anyone had and tips on the type of exercise i should start off with. Im 5"11, 160lbs. Ive never really been cut, however this year im determined. and advice, i used to have some muscle in my abdomen, however since becoming a dad i seem to have no time, and ive let it slip. aiming to start with my stomach as i already lift weights so upper body can wait.
    you might want to post your diet. everything starts with diet, like already mentioned. and to say that upper body or legs exercises can wait, is false. working your whole body will help develop your abs as well as the rest of you. would you believe that some people don't even do abs exercises directly? its true, they focus on squats and deads like already mentioned.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75%

find a good gym!! speak to the guys in there, get the diet sorted and start with a basic 3 day week weight program the owner of the gym should give good advise on both these subjects! try to do 3x week cardio, running etc for 30 - 45 min! all the best
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%

cheers guys, looking a t few local gyms, my cousin goes to one and knows the peole in there so might check in there, here we go!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.98%

Look into supps like cla as well

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.86%

Quote Originally Posted by rikkibs86 View Post
    Ive never really been cut, however this year im determined. and advice, i used to have some muscle in my abdomen, however since becoming a dad i seem to have no time, and ive let it slip. aiming to start with my stomach as i already lift weights so upper body can wait.
    Totally feel ya on that one. My wife and I just had a baby girl last year and I just can't go to the gym as often as I used to. I am still in good shape though. I became a little more self disciple with my diet and used workouts from www.vastmuscle.com .

Keep on truckin'

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beginner, need help!
    By Tbaby in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
  2. Beginner, need help!
    By Tbaby in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:42 AM
  3. Another Beginner Here...
    By JDS55555 in forum Anabolics