shoulder problem

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
My shoulders are my best muscle group, sadly I haven't seen much growth in a while. And now my right shoulder will start to get a bad pain in it even when lifting light weight. Not sure if its due to my scholiosis or what. Might be a muscle imbalance? My shoulder is much bigger than my arm

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I was having some odd rear delt pain awhile ago. I decided to try some high rep / low weight. Within about 2 weeks it cleared right up. Not saying this is going to fix yours, but sometimes a change is the best medicine.

I started with 10 lb dumbells and I've worked my way up to 15's.

3 sets of 15:
Front Raises
Lateral Raises
Seated Shoulder Presses

Doesn't seem like much, but when you do one exercise right after the other, it creates one hell of a burn.

Best of Luck

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I was having some odd rear delt pain awhile ago. I decided to try some high rep / low weight. Within about 2 weeks it cleared right up. Not saying this is going to fix yours, but sometimes a change is the best medicine.

I started with 10 lb dumbells and I've worked my way up to 15's.

3 sets of 15:
Front Raises
Lateral Raises
Seated Shoulder Presses

Doesn't seem like much, but when you do one exercise right after the other, it creates one hell of a burn.

Best of Luck
Very true. You should also do a search on the net for rotator cuff exercises.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
forgot about that...do them so often it's just 2nd nature

Stand with you upper arm out from your body and have it parallel to the floor...holding a light dumbell and keeping your humerus parallel, rotate your arm up till it is straight up and down.

Works wonders for that rotator cuff...highly recommended move for just about everyone

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Thanks guys, ill try that my next shoulder day.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Where is the pain? If its the AC joint, cuban rotations like firefighter mentioned can help alot. If the change was sudden you might just have a tight supraspinatus. Do you carry a lot of stress between the shoulders? I would recommend you see a chiropractor that specializes in sports injuries. It's amazing what a little deep tissue massage can do!