help!

ah0907

Awards
im really disappointed with my current gain. ive been trying a new routine: week1 all barbell exercises week2 bodyweight week3 dumbell week4 bodyweight... ive gotten really good results from this routine ive been able to increase my lifting quite a bit but im disappointed with my chest and arm development, any suggestion to increase chest and arm size? i work my chest on monday back on tues shoulders and traps on wed and arms on thurs then legs and cardio on friday

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im really disappointed with my current gain. ive been trying a new routine: week1 all barbell exercises week2 bodyweight week3 dumbell week4 bodyweight... ive gotten really good results from this routine ive been able to increase my lifting quite a bit but im disappointed with my chest and arm development, any suggestion to increase chest and arm size? i work my chest on monday back on tues shoulders and traps on wed and arms on thurs then legs and cardio on friday
One word....EAT!!!

ah0907

Awards
i eat 6 meals a day spaced out about every 2 or 3 hours, and two servings of ON nitro core 24 a day, ive been gaining a decent amount of weight but im lacking some definition in my chest and arms

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
chest and arms?

if your diet is on point, i would consider bench and weighted dips for chest (serious body swing), and CG bench, and weighted tricep dips for tri's (this is where your body is fairly straight). for biceps, weighted chins and barbell curls.

your split looks like :
M - chest
T - back
W - shoulders / traps
Th - arms
F - legs / cardio.

i would space them out a bit more. on tuesday, your rear delts (and maybe traps) get a workout and you train them hard the next day. i would switch wednesday and fridays workouts if i were in your position. keep your rep ranges between 8-12 for size. one thing i used to do, was when i could get 12 reps, it was time to add some weight (2.5 lbs per side) and shoot for 8 reps. this should keep your mass progressing, while still challenging yourself.

best of luck to you.

ah0907

Awards
i usually shoot for 8 to 10 reps if possible usually if i can do more i'll finish the set and add 5lbs a side, thanks for your input i'll try switching it around next week and see how that goes, also i train at home so ive been trying to think of ways i can do dips without going and buying something any suggestions?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i usually shoot for 8 to 10 reps if possible usually if i can do more i'll finish the set and add 5lbs a side, thanks for your input i'll try switching it around next week and see how that goes, also i train at home so ive been trying to think of ways i can do dips without going and buying something any suggestions?
you can do chair or bench dips.