how often should we do abs??

at1010

Awards
  • Established
i work out 4 days a week with a mon tues thurs friday schedule.. i normally do abs monday- friday then take a break from it all on the weekends... usually do about 3 or 4 days of cardio during the week to... is this to much ab work in a week??

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i run about 1 mile before workout and 1 mile after and do abs 2-3 times a week. However, sometimes I get spasms in my abs that cripple me so I'm probably not giving enough recovery time. Recently I've backed it down to twice a week - usually Monday Thursday for me.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i work out 4 days a week with a mon tues thurs friday schedule.. i normally do abs monday- friday then take a break from it all on the weekends... usually do about 3 or 4 days of cardio during the week to... is this to much ab work in a week??
i do an ab exercise everyday.......i read there was what Arnold did, so i do that. i know that sound so fuc*ing stupid, but i hate devoting 20 to 30 minutes to "do abs" so doing one exercise, 3 to 4 sets a day or everytime i'm in the gym i should say, is a lot easier than not doing them at all.....it's such a boring muscle to do, for me anyway. i ve heard 3 times a week, one day doing them, taking a day off, then doing them again is the way to go, but not for me.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I train them at least 3 times a week...usually M, W, F

M = 3 sets of 25 straight leg lifts and 3 sets of 45 degree incline 10 straight up and 10 twist to each side

W = 3 sets of 25 straight leg lifts and 3 sets of ab-rollers (nose to floor) at 25 reps each

F = 3 sets of "ab machine" weighted crunches at 12 reps and 3 sets of 45 degree incline crunches

at1010

Awards
  • Established
is doing them 5 days gunna hurt a person tho?

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on what your goals are.Your abs get plenty of work on all core exercises.They are used as stabilizers.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I dont do any ab exercises, but i do squats, pushups, and deadlifts.

I dont have a 6 pack, but im happy with what ive got.

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
You can work Abs, and Calves everyday IF you want and its not going to hurt you...

Erich Schmidt

Awards
You can work Abs, and Calves everyday IF you want and its not going to hurt you...
can't say I agree with you. calves and abs are muscles, just like other muscles, they can be over-trained.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
can't say I agree with you. calves and abs are muscles, just like other muscles, they can be over-trained.
absolutly. like i said before i train them everyday but the intensity is way down, and the sets are 2 or 3 ED vs. 10-12 once a week. just listen to your body, if your more sore than normal, take a day or two off, after you train them for a while, the soreness will not be everyday.