SKINNY FAT

classic27

How does on diet, train, and supplement while being skinny fat. I hold more

fat on my stomac then any place on my body and feel like I lose too much

muscle when dieting and get too fat when bulking.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
How does on diet, train, and supplement while being skinny fat. I hold more

fat on my stomac then any place on my body and feel like I lose too much

muscle when dieting and get too fat when bulking.
lean bulking is your answer. figure out your maintenance calories, and up it by 300 calories. three months later, figure out your maintenance calories again, and up it by 300 calories.

classic27

What about doing cardio? Is there any certain sups that can help keep fat down while bulking? I train five days a week one to two body parts a day. Is this effective for my condition. I have tried other ways of training for short periods of time but always go back to this.

wbted23

wbted23

Awards
I'd reccomend HIIT for cardio (high intensity interval training). shouldnt take more than 12-14 minutes, so you can burn a good amount of calories without really losing muscle mass. The longer you do cardio for, the more it starts to burn calories from places other then fat, so this is where you might lose some muscle mass. HIIT should prevent help prevent this.

There are plenty of posts on HIIT training and different programs, so check em out if your interested.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Ive had the same problem, but figured it out ok. First time, I got ripped at (for me, 6%) but lost a bunch of muscle in the process.

Next time I cut, I solved it like this: Figured out maintenence cals, split them into macro groups Protein, Carbs, Fat at a 40/40/20%. Then I got fatter. So I went to 55/20/25. and it worked better.

Yes, I raised the fats and lowered the carbs. My body doesnt like high carbs and I felt way better on higher fat/higher protein. I kept a lot more muscle and still got ripped. It may sound strange, but if you're losing weight at say, 2500 cals, and then you drop both fat and carbs, that's when you lose muscle because the calorie deficit is too great. So you still need the same number of cals to maintain LBM, it just has to come from different ratios (more or less carbs, more or less protein, fat, etc.)

I dropped the carbs down, upped the protein and fat to maintain the same "cutting" level of cals. Try to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week only.

Also a huge difference for me was carb types. I started with Oatmeal and veggies as the base and gained weight (muscle and a bit of fat) even at "cutting" cals. So I switched the carbs in 4 meals of the 5 per day to fruit or veggies instead of Oatmeal and had oatmeal for the morning meal only. The fruit was the final thing that was missing.

The fruit as a carb is against popular theory, but the complex carbs in Oatmeal made me bigger on the same number of cals.

And yeah, cardio is a huge plus. I usually wait until I stop losing weight on the same number of cals, then add in cardio (HIIT) to get the last lbs off.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
I'd reccomend HIIT for cardio (high intensity interval training). shouldnt take more than 12-14 minutes, so you can burn a good amount of calories without really losing muscle mass. The longer you do cardio for, the more it starts to burn calories from places other then fat, so this is where you might lose some muscle mass. HIIT should prevent help prevent this.

There are plenty of posts on HIIT training and different programs, so check em out if your interested.
wait so, fat is burned during the first 20 minutes of cardio? i thought it was the other way around, that fat was burned 20-30 minutes into cardio.