Deadlift: warm up, Then do 10-12x for 4 sets

Bent over DB rows: 10-12x 2 sets

Widegrip pulldown: hands all the way out on the bar. 10-12x for 3 sets

Pullups (neutral grip) 10-12x for 2 sets

Drop set of curls on the EZ bar: typically 8,6,8 reps 2 sets

*Day 2: Chest and Tri’s – wait 90 seconds between sets

DB Inclined Bench: 10-12x for 3 sets

DB Flat Bench: 10-12x for 2 sets

Dips (leaning forward): 10-12x for 2 sets. 25-45lbs on the weight belt.

Dips (no lean, focus on tri's): 10-12x for 2 sets. 25-45lbs weight belt.

Close grip bench (shoulder width) on the Smith machine: 10-12 reps for 2-3sets.

Cable crosses w/ the pulley set high: 10-15 reps for 2 sets.

Skull Crushers: 10-12x 2 sets

Single arm tricep pushdown 10-12x 2 sets

*Day 4: Legs - wait 90 seconds between sets

Hack squat machine 20x 4 sets

Leg press machine (looks like a sliding chair): 20x 4 sets

Leg extension: 12-15x 2 sets

Leg curl or straight legged deadlifts: 12-15x 2 sets

Day 5: Shoulders and Traps

Military Press: 10-12x 4 sets

Clean: 10-12x 3 sets

DB Front raise: 10-12x 2 sets (one arm at a time)

DB Side raise: 10-12x 2 sets

DB rotator cuff: Hold DB’s like your giving two thumbs down then raise up. This will kind of be a V- motion. 10-12x 2 sets

BB shrugs: 10-12x 2 sets

I typically do sometype of abs everyday

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
change up how you do it like on back and bis do pullups first then pulldowns, then bent over rows, then deads i cannot imagine doing my back workout if i did deads first as soon as i finish those im wiped out. chest day use the barbell bench instead or change it up dude other than that it looks alright

pfafkl13

Awards
Thanks for your suggestion but here's how I look at it (maybe I'm missing something):

You always want to start with the compound lift that works the most muscles the best. Chest would mean bench, legs = squat, and back = deadlifts.

That's why I have the deads listed first. Is my logic messed up or does someone else have another suggestion?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
i always do compound exercises first get them done and you usually have the most energy for them therefore you can usually lift a little more or more reps doing them first rather then last.

As for pullups and pulldowns theres no need for lat pulldowns if you do pullups if pullups become too easy do weighted pullups.

As for barbell bench versus DB i personally like DB better they do same but DB is safer and better for athletes from what i hear but its completely preference.

fieldt76

Awards
Thanks for your suggestion but here's how I look at it (maybe I'm missing something):

You always want to start with the compound lift that works the most muscles the best. Chest would mean bench, legs = squat, and back = deadlifts.

That's why I have the deads listed first. Is my logic messed up or does someone else have another suggestion?
I understand your logic, but if you do deads first on back day (and you go all out like you should be), you're gonna be pretty much done. The rest of your workout would be pretty much excruciating imo.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I understand your logic, but if you do deads first on back day (and you go all out like you should be), you're gonna be pretty much done. The rest of your workout would be pretty much excruciating imo.
Bingo

Unless your goal is to solely increase your deadlift strength, I'd recommend doing them towards the end of your back routine. If you're training to improve your physique, do them at the end of your workout. You'll still be able to pull heavy weight, but you don't have to sacrifice so much strength on your other (very important) lifts.

And just for the record, most every back exercise is a compound movement. I start my back routine with pullups, followed by barbell rows, then something like a superset of seated cable rows with close grip chins or pulldowns, finishing with deadlifts. Great success!