Extreme streching

fieldt76

Awards
I know that extreme streching is part of the DC training protocol, but can it be effective when coupled with other methods of training?

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Absolutely! Start small with them and work your way up. Don't expect to get the full minute the first time you try them. Aim for 30-45 seconds to start off and work up to 60-90 seconds.

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely! Start small with them and work your way up. Don't expect to get the full minute the first time you try them. Aim for 30-45 seconds to start off and work up to 60-90 seconds.
I remember doing my first chest stretch. I was like "they do this **** for HOW LONG???"

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya you can do it with other programs...its good stuff

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Suck it up and do the fu#kin' minute stretch. It hurts like hell, yes, but just do it.

And yeah, it can be used for any program.

fieldt76

Awards
I don't really know anything about it, but i guess i would need an extreme streching routine for each muscle group.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Extreme Stretching:

Extreme Chest Stretch:
It’s basically the bottom position of a flat bench fly held for 60-90 seconds with your sternum pushed up and out with your lungs full of air. Bring the dumbbells into the armpits and concentrate on getting your elbows as low as possible while forcing your chest upward. Your palms should be facing your pecs like they are when you do flys. Lay on the bench with your ass off of it which forces your chest to raise up even more causing even more of a stretch. The higher you force your chest up with oxygen and by pushing it up and up. I use around 70lb dumbbells but start it off with something comfortable like 40-50lbs until you get 60-90 seconds then go up. The key is to keep the dumbbells about shoulder width and drop your elbows downward and keep your chest high. Here is a pic of how the stretch should look.

Extreme Shoulder Stretch:
This will take a couple times to really get the hang of it. At a smith machine with the bar at chest level face away from it and reach back and grab the bar with an undergrip. Now slowly walk forward until you are up on your heels and it really starts to stretch. At this point roll your shoulders forward and downward like in the bottom position of a shrug. Hold for 60 seconds if you can, you will feel it in your shoulders, biceps and forearms if you do it right. But it will really hurt up in the front delt area. Again here is a pic of how the stretch will look.

Extreme Triceps Stretch:

This is basically a one arm dumbbell extension behind head seated. You can either sit on a flat bench with a barbell in rack pressing against your back to keep you upright, or a seated bench that has a short back. Your elbow is upward, back, and the dumbbell goes downward for 60-90 seconds. Push the dumbbell down with the back of your head if you can and lean back slightly. I would start with something comfortable like 40lbs. Here is another pic to help see how to do it.

Extreme Back Stretch:

Normally the stretching and statics during rack chins stretch it out enough, but if you do want to stretch it just hang from a chin-up bar with the widest grip possible and a dumbbell attached to your weight belt. Hang for as long as possible until you just cant stand it anymore, make sure you use straps during this stretch if you do it at all. The key during this stretch is to lean barely backwards and really flare out your lats while hanging.

Biceps and Forearm Stretch:

Stretch out forearms and biceps by facing away from a power rack reaching both arms back to the barbell which is around shoulder height with an over grip (opposite grip as the shoulder stretch – palms facing down). Now squat down slightly and hold for 45-60 seconds.

Hamstrings Stretch:

One set of stiff legged dead lifts with light weights (maybe 25-35lbs on each side of the bar) going as deep as you can and pausing down the bottom for 10 seconds for 6 reps. If you are really flexible, widen your grip so you have an even greater range of motion.

Quad Stretch:
BY FAR THE MOST PAINFULL STRETCH!!
FACE THE SIDE OF A POWER RACK AND SINK DOWN IN A SQUAT ONTO YOUR TIPPY TOES--HOLDING BOTH SIDES OF THE POWER RACK UPRIGHTS WITH YOUR HANDS--NOW SIMULTANEOUSLY STRETCH YOUR KNEES FORWARD AND A LITTLE BIT DOWNWARD UNTIL THE STRETCH REACHES THE PAIN LEVEL--TRY TO STAY THERE FOR 60-90 SECONDS (I KNOW ITS PAINFULL)
Face the side of a power rack and sink down in a squat onto your tip toes holding both sides of the power rack uprights with your hands. Now stretch your knees forward and a little bit downward until the stretch reaches the pain level. Try to stay there for 60-90 seconds.

Last edited:
jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I don't really know anything about it, but i guess i would need an extreme streching routine for each muscle group.
It's just a weighted stretch for each muscle group you trained that day.

Extreme Stretching

That link is to the Dogg Pound at intensemuscle.com. It has pictures of the stretch for each muscle group. You may need to sign up to see the pictures though.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I think extreme/fascia stretching is great for any program.

fieldt76

Awards
Ok guys, I started the streching today(chest). Ya'll weren't kidding, that stuff kills... really liked it though. Looking forward to finishing off every workout this way.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yup,... i agree the quad stretch is the most painful. But I do them on the leg extension machine,.... i sit on one foot and try to touch that knee to the floor. Good stuff.