- 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
- 03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Do you have a previous injury that you are trying to recuperate from or is it just something preventative for football?
- 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
03-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd say just focus on building a massive back and traps. The head harnesses are nice to help work the neck a little extra but it's not a necessity.
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Barbell shrugs behind the back seem to hit my traps right where they insert at the neck. I use a smith machine for these.
03-26-2009, 08:32 PM
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
03-26-2009, 09:32 PM
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
To be honest I would forget shrugs. Your traps are gonna be hit hard enough from all the power cleans, hang cleans, deadlifts and snatches you should be doing if your training for football.
If you really want to do shrugs, try overhead shrugs.
03-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Lay face down on the incline bench and do some heavy dumbbell shrugs concentrating on pulling with the traps right behind the neck...give it a shot...
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Have someone hold a rolled up towel and resist you from moving your head to the front, back and sides.
03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By HATE in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
- By halflife3 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:57 PM
- By polskienergii in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
- By joeyg in forum General ChatReplies: 14Last Post: 08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
- By CyberMuscle in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2005, 04:31 PM