Crossfit and me

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
hi all long time no see just sharing my first experience with a workout routine called crossfit, you can find a lot online but im just going to keep this simple

i highly recommend it to anyone who is interested even if its just your cardio fun day of the week, not to make it sound easy its not my beginner class left me huffing and puffing and headache for 5mins after and workout was only 6mins long

just to share the actual workout besides the 45mins of talking and instructions we did 3 sets in row of 21reps then 15reps then 7reps each of burpees then hanging elbows to knees, i didnt think it would be so hard but even though i finished first i was exhausted finished time of 6:25, my goal is to beat that within the next month doing exact same workout these are burpees [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dvQyNiTjM"]YouTube - CrossFit Burpee Demo[/ame], and these are elbows knees [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0gcGHREmrQ"]YouTube - Ab work-out ~ Knee raises[/ame]

so just to rephrase

21 burpees
21 knee to elbows
15 burrpees
15 knee to elbows
7 burpees
7 knee to elbows
stop

6:25 was my time, and damn was it hard, my first time doing burpees since high school

VINYL

Awards
LOVE CROSSFIT!!! the workouts give me the most amazing rush when im done! wait 6 weeks and you will see and feel the effects like no other.... i honestly wouldnt feel like i was in great shape unless i was doing crossfit. Although not great for putting on size it does wonders for endurance, agility, flexability, and calorie burning. Make sure that you are eating and resting enough though because over time the workouts can effect your immune system, and CNS.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a 7:36 Fran today

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
very nice, how do you figureout howmuch weight to use on thrusters?
The WOD for Fran comes standard 95# Men and 65# women from Crossfit HQ. You then tailor the weight up or down to meet individual needs i.e. brand new crossfitter in not good shape may go to just the bar or if you are a BAMF then you can do "Heavy Fran" 135# thruster with 45# weighted pull ups.

Key is everything is scalable.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
heavy fran sounds brutal i did 135 pushpresses tonight pretty hard only did liek 5 hah id hate to do 21

ill def try a normal fran sometime soon so
21 thrusters 95lbs
21 pullups (gotta learn to do kipping ones)
15 thrusters 95lbs
15 pullups
9 thrusters 95lbs
9 pullups

and then to shatter your time ha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
heavy fran sounds brutal i did 135 pushpresses tonight pretty hard only did liek 5 hah id hate to do 21

21 thrusters 95lbs
15 thrusters 95lbs
15 pullups
9 thrusters 95lbs
9 pullups

Any crossfit WODs or exercises you want to know about are shown, taught, and demonstrated on the crossfit website. They have vids for kipping pull-ups as well. here's the link below...

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

21 thrusters 95lbs
15 thrusters 95lbs
15 pullups
9 thrusters 95lbs
9 pullups

Not if I shatter it first, ha