Can someone advise me....

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Can someone advise me....

On a good 3 day split for a beginer? Been training for 9 months mainly on the machines.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You can go to google and type in 3 day splits and probably find quite a few good ones out there. There are plenty of decent training routines out there that will work. The main thing is to have an appropriate diet for your goals (bulking, recomp, losing fat, ect..). So it would help to know your goals.

I would make sure to incorporate squats and deadlifts in your routine, but not on the same day. These two lifts are hands down two of the best lifts for developing overall mass and strength. Just be consistent, maintain good form (very important), and keep pushing yourself, and you'll see results. I would mainly stick to heavy compound lifts until you gained at least a solid 10lbs of mass, and then start incorporating more isolation work into your routine to evenly develop your physique.

But like I said, 3 day splits are a dime a dozen, so if you can't find a good one on here using the search function, you can surely find one on google. Just remember that nutrition is the hardest part to get down right, so keep your focus on that as well.

Good luck man
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Thanks for the input Joshua I'm trying to concentrate on loosing fat mainly from my face and stomach and gaining some muscle in my arms. My chest and shoulders are quite big but my arms are less so lol I think this is because I have mainly used the machines. I have just switched form all over body workouts 3 times a week. I have been doing Day 1 chest and back. Day 2 legs and day 3 arms and shoulders. Does this sound ok When i do the chest and back i seem to ache for days but on my arms and shoulders day nothing?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazl1212 View Post
    Thanks for the input Joshua I'm trying to concentrate on loosing fat mainly from my face and stomach and gaining some muscle in my arms. My chest and shoulders are quite big but my arms are less so lol I think this is because I have mainly used the machines. I have just switched form all over body workouts 3 times a week. I have been doing Day 1 chest and back. Day 2 legs and day 3 arms and shoulders. Does this sound ok When i do the chest and back i seem to ache for days but on my arms and shoulders day nothing?
    chest and back are bigger muscles so they take longer to heal but dont let soreness stop you from working out if your doing it right you should be sore for about two days after your workout and if your doing a 3 day split I.E MON, WED, FRI do full body workout with compound movements I.E bench press squat dead lifts Bent over barbell rows with compound exercises you work more than one muscle at a time so like bench press you work your chest shoulders tri's once you get used to doing these types of exercises then you can focus on some Iso work but make sure your form is good so start light and get your form down then you can start progressing from there one good reference is Mad cows 5X5 program you want the beginner programhttp://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/ theres a link to the mad cow site good luck man!

Similar Forum Threads

1. HRT advise - Too Soon???
    By fishn4life in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
  2. Please advise on how to run this...
    By tallbikerguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:42 PM
  3. Need to get big, Please advise.
    By bobbyb in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13