No hot showers after workout

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Someone told me that you should not take a hot shower after working out. Because it relaxes the muscles and they should be at full repairing mode not relaxed.

Sounds like gibberish or what?

I actually don't take the hot showers after workouts I take a cool one.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
this kinda thing always makes me laugh like honestly how bad is a hot shower gonna be after workouts lol? u gonna loose like 1/1000000 of a cm of ur arms or something?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
so the added heat, which raises blood flow and circulation won't help the muscle that was worked out? the russians used to play around with hot/cold showers before and after workouts. wish i had read those studies.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
It's fine to have a hot shower after..

whoever told you this is full of it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's fine to have a hot shower after..

whoever told you this is full of it.
x2.

The world is full of idiots.

Also - Suncloud, you're referring to "Contrast" Showers, which are a great way to initiate faster CNS recovery post-workout. I've utilized them when on a calorie deficit as well as when doing two-a-days and they help a noticeable amount.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2.

Also - Suncloud, you're referring to "Contrast" Showers, which are a great way to initiate faster CNS recovery post-workout. I've utilized them when on a calorie deficit as well as when doing two-a-days and they help a noticeable amount.
I was going to start them up again, but it doesn't jazz with opening the pores for Sustain Alpha :(

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
x2.

thanks brotha. i just remember that the russians played around with this a lot - though the results of any studies they did exceeds my knowledge. personally, i've found that a 15 minute dip in a hot tub speeds up my recovery by half a day.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks brotha. i just remember that the russians played around with this a lot - though the results of any studies they did exceeds my knowledge. personally, i've found that a 15 minute dip in a hot tub speeds up my recovery by half a day.
Post-workout jacuzzi time is a beautiful thing...:hump:

killfat

killfat

Awards
I read something similar to this in the 80's, wherein the cold shower retracts your skin and gives you a very tight appearance; which in that second it would but once you step out of it??? then what? I never agreed w/that notion.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
especially after doing widowmaker squats. feels like a slice of heaven :)
Widowmaker is the most beautiful word when referring to pushing weight...

Everytime I see that word, it puts a smile on my face...even though they're so brutal. lol

Sorry for going off topic...haha

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hot showers are great.

In the words of Costanza "Cold showers are for psychotics"

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this kinda thing always makes me laugh like honestly how bad is a hot shower gonna be after workouts lol? u gonna loose like 1/1000000 of a cm of ur arms or something?
Exaclty, people starting to read WAY too much into pumping the weights man. Jesus.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Widowmaker is the most beautiful word when referring to pushing weight...

Everytime I see that word, it puts a smile on my face...even though they're so brutal. lol

Sorry for going off topic...haha

You realize you have to explain what the excersise is now right?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Man the things some people come up with.....

By the way guys! My buddy who has 27" arms just shared his secret with me! You have to do DB curls hanging upside from a pull up back! Man is that shxt crazy! I gained an inch in a week! ;)

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Man the things some people come up with.....

By the way guys! My buddy who has 27" arms just shared his secret with me! You have to do DB curls hanging upside from a pull up back! Man is that shxt crazy! I gained an inch in a week! ;)
Ohhhh snap I'm gonna go run to gym and throw in an extra set of those Fo Sho tonight bro!!:burnout:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You realize you have to explain what the excersise is now right?
Widowmaker squats: To perform 20reps, typically with a weight you would usually only do for 10reps. After 10, you pause and breath and perform singles until you have done another 10reps. Also known as breathing squats.

Wanna make it even better? Throw a 20rep set of db pullovers supersetted in with it. That's how I learned about supersetting...:yikes:

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i can't believe i just wasted seconds of my life reading this thread .....

if some one told you to take cold showers after workouts and you were dumb enough to do it then you deserve to take a cold shower every day haha

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh snap I'm gonna go run to gym and throw in an extra set of those Fo Sho tonight bro!!:burnout:
Keep in mind you have to do super fast reps so when you hang upside down all the blood flows to your arms instead of to your head resulting in your passing out... falling... and breaking your neck

:thumbsup:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, you guys are brutal... He just came in asking a question and didn't state it as a fact. You basically knocked the guy for saying someone told him but then you go ahead and tell him it's no big deal as if being told on the internet by anonymous people is any more certain that someone he met?

Lighten up.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you guys are brutal... He just came in asking a question and didn't state it as a fact. You basically knocked the guy for saying someone told him but then you go ahead and tell him it's no big deal as if being told on the internet by anonymous people is any more certain that someone he met?

Lighten up.
Jay if you are reffering to my post... which you may be? I just wanted to make it clear im by no means knocking the OP. My fictional joke workout advice was aimed towards the people who spread ridiculous advice, thats why I said "Man the things some people come up with"

Sorry if there was confusion or negative results from it. Just going for a few laughs :)

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Widowmaker squats: To perform 20reps, typically with a weight you would usually only do for 10reps. After 10, you pause and breath and perform singles until you have done another 10reps. Also known as breathing squats.

Wanna make it even better? Throw a 20rep set of db pullovers supersetted in with it. That's how I learned about supersetting...:yikes:
Thanks, Resolve. I never got around to answering him. I'll go punish myself by doing some widowmaker deadlifts...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a general feeling i've been getting lately as I go through these "i have a question" threads. Humor is a great thing but it helps when there's an attempt to answering the question at hand. It wasn't pointed at anyone in particular.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Someone told me that you should not take a hot shower after working out. Because it relaxes the muscles and they should be at full repairing mode not relaxed.

Sounds like gibberish or what?
Yes, gibberish. Glad you asked!

FTR: I only take cold showers when they're my only option. Even so, I'll likely hold out for a hot one down the road, anyway.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Ivan Drago told me he takes hot showers all the time. Take it for what its worth.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
There has been some evidence that heat therapy can actually increase the swelling in the muscle which would take longer to heal but a hot shower after a workout should be fine.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
....what else can you do while taking a hot shower?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I assume you mean changing between cold and hot right? When I was boxing, those saved lives. I came home the first day of golden gloves training so tired I fell asleep standing up in the shower. You can imagine how sore I was.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
im not much of a singer so i just shoot snot rockets and beat off

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 14
Punkrocker Anabolics 5
Anabolics 13
Dustin07 General Chat 14
Pitbull14218 Nutrition / Health 23