lacking mid and lower back

jrdd13

Awards
Hye guys, Im am having trouble with my back. I've been gaining pretty steadily the past two months, but my mid and lower back aren't keeping up. Any suggestions on some different exercises to try and help out would be great.

I currently include these in my work outs: Wide grip pull ups. chin ups. bent over row, inverted row, cable row, back extentsions.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
can you post some pictures to show us what were lookin at

jrdd13

Awards
Will post pictures in the next day or so, Im stuck at work

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
The bread and butter of a good back program is deadlifts and barbell rows. Deadlifts are great for increasing lower back mass and strength, as well as sheer overall strength and mass. In my opinion, barbell rows are the best exercise for specifically targeting the upper back, hands down. With heavy deadlifts and heavy barbell rows in your routine, coupled with a good diet, you should see improvements all throughout your back. Also, if you're really wanting to concentrate on creating thickness, try incorporating seated cable rows or T-Bar rows into your routine. I became fond of a seated cable rows/v-bar pull down superset. Here's an example of one of my back routines:

Pull-ups (either x sets until 50 reps, or 5 sets till failure)
Barbell Rows (warmups) 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6 or 10, 8, 6, 4 (I switch it up)
- Seated Cable Rows 3 x 8-10 or 6-8 (6-8 if I went real heavy before)
- V-Bar Pulldowns 3 x 8-10
Deadlifts (warmups) 4 x 10, 8, 6, 4 or 4 x 4-6
* You can vary the rep ranges, or even the sets if you want to.
** Stretch after pulldown exercises, then stretch a lot more after your workout.
*** Add a little extra biceps work if you want

If you're dieting to gain mass, this workout will work well. But then again, if you're dieting to gain mass, a lot of workouts will work well. Just make sure to include the basics, concentrating on really good form, and you're gold.

Me = :type: lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rack Pulls

Like deadlifts, but work more just the back and not the legs. Work up in weight appropriately, but get to going heavy.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would suggest good mornings, this really helped my back blow up

jimtony09

Awards
i had same problem! start doin deadlifts you`ll soon see results