want to get stronger - AnabolicMinds.com

want to get stronger

want to get stronger

Ok guys need a little help,ok when im lifting i do 8 to 10 reps to cant lift any more times,but the question i have is how many reps should i do to get stronger?

Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguns51 View Post
    Ok guys need a little help,ok when im lifting i do 8 to 10 reps to cant lift any more times,but the question i have is how many reps should i do to get stronger?
    There really is no one routine that will give you strength, because it all depends on the person and diet. What I would recommend is a 5X5 routine. I would start out with a 3X/wk routine working 1day on bench, 1day on squats and a 3rd on dead lifts. In would say run a 8-12week cycle and try and increase the weight on the compound movements each week until you hit a plateau. Once the plateau is reached lower then sets and reps to a 3X3 routine. Of course you need to add accessory exercises to your 3 days and pick those accordingly to what lifts will help the three compound movements(squats/deads/bench). Start there and see where it takes you. As far as diet find out your BMR and how many calories you need to stay stable, then add 300-500 extra calories to that. Be sure and get in at least 1.5grams protein/lb body weight. Hope this helps. As far as supplements I believe a simple creatine product would help alot. SAN V-12 Turbo is one I have used and gotten great results... hope this helps...:dl:

My routine now is chest day
    dumbell bench-80 lbs dumbells 10 times 3 sets
    incline
    decline
    butterflys

back deadlifts-10 times 3 sets
    lats
    anyway im doing all the right things i just do 10 reps of 3 sets and it seems im not moving up om my bench,cause some guy said that dumbell bench would help but im stuck on 80 lbs bell for 3 weeks now and really struggling on the 10th one.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

using singles for compound lifts 5-8 sets of 1 and then 5 sets of 3 on accesory lifts.
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.

r u a bodybuilder or power lifter? .... trying to grow or r u only worried about strength?
    Stats
    5'11"  223 lbs.

For strength development stick to the basics, lift heavy (but safely) and rotate exercises. You don't need 3 different pressing movements finished with some weak ass isolation movement. If you are doing that much you damn sure aren't going heavy on any of them.

A 5x5 would be a good program to start as would Wendlers 5/3/1 program. You can get about 99% of the info on the program over at elitefts in Jim Wendlers Q&A. I've been using it about two weeks and I really like it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Something Stronger
    By Pipes in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 09:16 PM
  2. Which ph's are stronger than others?
    By devkolst in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
  3. WHICH IS STRONGER
    By samva777 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3