want to get stronger
- 03-20-2009, 09:49 PM
- 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM
03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
My routine now is chest day
dumbell bench-80 lbs dumbells 10 times 3 sets
back deadlifts-10 times 3 sets
anyway im doing all the right things i just do 10 reps of 3 sets and it seems im not moving up om my bench,cause some guy said that dumbell bench would help but im stuck on 80 lbs bell for 3 weeks now and really struggling on the 10th one.
03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
03-26-2009, 05:50 AM
For strength development stick to the basics, lift heavy (but safely) and rotate exercises. You don't need 3 different pressing movements finished with some weak ass isolation movement. If you are doing that much you damn sure aren't going heavy on any of them.
A 5x5 would be a good program to start as would Wendlers 5/3/1 program. You can get about 99% of the info on the program over at elitefts in Jim Wendlers Q&A. I've been using it about two weeks and I really like it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Its Raider in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 11Last Post: 03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
- By Hawkwarrior in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-05-2016, 12:26 PM
- By bigdeepsquats in forum SupplementsReplies: 33Last Post: 04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
- By theBIGcactus in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:03 AM
- By Ibench800 in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 12-22-2003, 06:13 AM