want to get stronger
- 03-20-2009, 08:49 PM
- 03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
- 03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
My routine now is chest day
dumbell bench-80 lbs dumbells 10 times 3 sets
back deadlifts-10 times 3 sets
anyway im doing all the right things i just do 10 reps of 3 sets and it seems im not moving up om my bench,cause some guy said that dumbell bench would help but im stuck on 80 lbs bell for 3 weeks now and really struggling on the 10th one.
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
using singles for compound lifts 5-8 sets of 1 and then 5 sets of 3 on accesory lifts.
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
r u a bodybuilder or power lifter? .... trying to grow or r u only worried about strength?
03-26-2009, 04:50 AM
For strength development stick to the basics, lift heavy (but safely) and rotate exercises. You don't need 3 different pressing movements finished with some weak ass isolation movement. If you are doing that much you damn sure aren't going heavy on any of them.
A 5x5 would be a good program to start as would Wendlers 5/3/1 program. You can get about 99% of the info on the program over at elitefts in Jim Wendlers Q&A. I've been using it about two weeks and I really like it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Pipes in forum AnabolicsReplies: 12Last Post: 07-11-2010, 09:16 PM
- By devkolst in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
- By samva777 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-18-2010, 08:22 PM
- By natedogg151 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 4Last Post: 12-26-2009, 10:33 AM
- By fasthumpman in forum Training ForumReplies: 51Last Post: 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM