Design the Next Phase of My Training!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Here is a challenge to all you experienced trainers out there to put your knowledge of training to good use, by helping me to design phase three of my training.

I am a fan of periodization, always have been, and am in the middle of my workout plan.

Phase 1 was a high volume, 17-23 sets per body part, 5 day split. reps where as high as 25 and no lower than 8.

Phase 2 is a moderate volume,12-15 sets per body part, 5 day split. Reps are by in large 14 per set, but I have employed some tactics such as partials, 21's etc.

Phase 3 has to be a strength/size hybrid. I want to keep my reps in the 5 range, but in some movements going as low as 2 some of the time. I also want to incorporate rest pause into this program.

The Phase 3 split is also going to be different. I want to hit each body part twice a week, as opposed to the current once a week.

Here is the best that I have come up with so far:

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Flat Bench

2 sets of 5
1 set of 3
1 set of 2
1 set of RP w/ the 2 rep weight for 5-8 times

Hang Clean into Shoulder Press

5 sets of 5 (after a couple w.u.'s)

Dips:

5 sets to failure

Tuesday

Legs, Back, Biceps (I hate the idea of training legs and back together, thus the idea of the thread)

Squats:

5 sets of 5 (I cannot go much higher than 405lbs for fear of my back injuries, so I won't be doing 3 or even 2 rep sets)

Leg Curls:

5 sets of 5

Bent Over Rows:

5 sets of 5

Biceps Curls

5 sets of 5

Wednesday - Cardio only

Thursday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Incline Cybex Machine:

5 sets of 5

Dumbell Shoulder Press:

5 sets of 5

Close Grip Bench:

Friday: Legs, Back, and Biceps

Horizontal Leg Press:

5 sets of 5

Deadlifts:

2 sets of 5
2 sets of 3
1 set of 2

Dumbell Curls:

5 sets of 5

So there you have it, my basic idea for my next training phase. I will certainly be open to all criticism, and ideas.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any input regarding this routine? Positive, negative, it doesn't matter, I just need a bit of feedback. I never train my full body twice a week, so this is uncharted territory for me.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
It just seems a bit low intensity wise, unless your using massive weight for every set

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
It just seems a bit low intensity wise, unless your using massive weight for every set

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

I will be training heavy on this phase, I have to see where everything is at, but I want to stay in the 75-80% of my one rep max range for my work sets.