Ideal weight for impressiveness

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
The best bench I ever got was 235x12. what weight would this seem to be impressive to you in your opinion. I am 5'11.

BignBad

Awards
The best bench I ever got was 235x12. what weight would this seem to be impressive to you in your opinion. I am 5'11.
Not sure what you mean by "impressive"? Most women could care less about bulk. They want a mildly muscular guy with some abs and an ass. In fact, most women are actually turned off by bulk...

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
thats what i mean.. if i was like 180 and benching 235x12 at 7-8% bf i think that would be impressive.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
1RM @ 2x your bodyweight is legit impressive.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
1RM @ 2x your bodyweight is legit impressive.

Yeah exactly.. I've still never seen it either. *not that I'm around all the time but 5 days a week in a gym I'm sure i would see it some time, but it hasnt happened yet...*

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
FBGM.. F Beeotches Get Money is the wrong phrase.. the M in money is really for MASS

phenom9950

Awards
lol i cant raw 600 lbs... lol im 295 lbs...lol

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if you are doing sets at 150% your body weight that is pretty good. so at 180lbs you'd need to be doing reps with around 275

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
if you are doing sets at 150% your body weight that is pretty good. so at 180lbs you'd need to be doing reps with around 275
I can do like 300 two MAYBE 3 times if i bridge my back on 3rd at 200 lbs. but there is no way i would get 400

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what you mean by "impressive"? Most women could care less about bulk. They want a mildly muscular guy with some abs and an ass. In fact, most women are actually turned off by bulk...
This a bodybuilding forum, why are you talking about what girls think? lol

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
They want a mildly muscular guy with some abs and an ass.
I know the ladies like their guys to be strong, but I'm not going to tell them what I bench. No, no, no, because they could care less. I'm going to nonchalantly put myself in a situation to show my off my ass so they can stare in awe at the amazing level of development I've achieved with it. All those years of squats and ass presses finally payed off!