- 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey there, I broke my scaphoid (bone in the wrist) in December 2007 and had my first surgery on it in August 2008 in which they put a screw in the bone but it didnt heal so I had a second surgery in December and they took a bone graft from my radius and put it on the scaphoid. I was in a soft cast for 2 weeks following the surgery and a hard cast for another 7 weeks after that with a bone growth stimulator.
I got the cast off on the 27 of February and am wearing a brace right now. The wrist is extremely stiff...I know it was major surgery and it is supposed to be stiff, but I simply cannot bend my wrist backward AT ALL and only slightly forward (feels pretty much solid
What I was wondering was has anyone else had the same experience (graft on scaphoid and the extreme stiffness.), and if so, did you get back the movement?
Similar Forum Threads
- By lifted in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:25 AM
- By max silver in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 06-14-2004, 03:48 PM
- By lifted in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:07 AM
- By slewdem in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2004, 08:46 PM
- By DoctorX2k2 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 03-11-2004, 03:45 PM