Forearms, how to train

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
hey all. i love training my forearms and I want them to be the strong point of my phisique!

lately i have been training my forearms 3 times a week like this:
3 sets wrist curls 20-30 reps, 3 sets behind the back wrist curls 30 reps, 3 sets reverse curls 15 reps, 3 sets reverse wrist curls 2-30 reps, 3 sets hammer curls.

does anybody think i am overtraining or see an imbalance in my routine? For how much I focus on my forearms they dont seem to be any more advanced than the rest of my body, they arnt a strong point, they are directly proportioned to my body.

how do you all train your forearms and how do you think one should train forearms to be a strong point?

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
best thing - and i swear by it...is plate pinchers. look em up..

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
plate pinches, also look up hub pinches, another good one is to start using the fat bar for stiff legged deads or hang it up somewhere and hang from it tell failure. check out ironmind.com and grippers.

drussell4801

Awards
hehe I train my forearms at work. I'm a massage therapist. I got arms like popeye. My forearms dwarf my upper arms. :)

now if only i can get my chest and bi's oversized like my forearms I"ll be all set :)

pfafkl13

Awards
I just do work w/o straps. Deads, pullups, chinups, etc. My grip rarely fails me

fieldt76

Awards
my new gym doesn't have the hammer strength gripper, what exercise best simulates this. loved that thing.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I second the pinch plating. Forearm work is not just about training the wrist to flex but also training the hand. Grippers, pinching, rice grabs...tons of good workouts for overall hand strength and forearm development.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I second the pinch plating. Forearm work is not just about training the wrist to flex but also training the hand. Grippers, pinching, rice grabs...tons of good workouts for overall hand strength and forearm development.

Agreed, but the hand grippers do train hand strength more so than forearm.

To the OP I think you should do less sets and reps but hit em hard when you do. Maybe every other week or so. The forearms are used in just about every upperbody excersize in some way.

Belive it or not I do no isolate mine much, but I do many bicep curls moves which hit them very hard.