Problem with my hand.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
Hey guys, wasnt sure where to put this really, so if its in the wrong place maybe someone can move it.

Ive recently been trying HST, its been going great i think, i felt great in the gym, ive been on it for about a month now, felt amazing in the gym, and afterwards.

My problem isnt directly related to HST, but this is the first injury ive ever really had (serious injury anyway, ive had a little shoulder stiffness, back stifness, whatever, nothing big), so anyway, my hand is pretty messed up.

Im thinking carpal tunnel? my wrist doesnt hurt really, it started about 5 days ago, i did a very light workout after i noticed it and it didnt seem to bother it.

For 5 days now my left hand has had a tingly feeling in my ring and pinky finger, like its "asleep", a pins and needles feeling.

So anyway, today im playing some videogames, and my wrist starts to hurt while im playing it, which is why im leaning towards carpal tunnel.

Anyone else have this? Im going to the doctor tomorrow for sure to get it checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and could put my mind at ease as to what to expect from the doctor, im dreading anything serious.

Am i being too optimistic in hoping they tell me to "wait it out" and rest it? or that they will tell me to use some sort of cream and itll be ok?

Tylenol 3's dont help the tingling feeling, but they do help the pain i was having earlier.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
Not going to the clinic to get it checked today, im gonna wait till monday and make an appointment with my family doctor, im assuming hes just gonna send me to get x-rays or something anyway.

Just to clarify, im pretty sure its from using a thumb over grip while doing bench presses, ive never done that before, so i tried it on this HST routine, because while doing the 2 weeks of 15 reps per set i figured since it was lighter i could use the thumb over the bar grip, thats the only exercise that ive changed anything in from the way i used to do it.

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
From what I understand, most "tingling" sensations are caused by pressure on nerves. Technically carpal tunnel can aggravate this. IMO take a week or 2 off(I know it sucks) and resume after it subsides

drussell4801

Awards
Hey guys, wasnt sure where to put this really, so if its in the wrong place maybe someone can move it.

Ive recently been trying HST, its been going great i think, i felt great in the gym, ive been on it for about a month now, felt amazing in the gym, and afterwards.

My problem isnt directly related to HST, but this is the first injury ive ever really had (serious injury anyway, ive had a little shoulder stiffness, back stifness, whatever, nothing big), so anyway, my hand is pretty messed up.

Im thinking carpal tunnel? my wrist doesnt hurt really, it started about 5 days ago, i did a very light workout after i noticed it and it didnt seem to bother it.

For 5 days now my left hand has had a tingly feeling in my ring and pinky finger, like its "asleep", a pins and needles feeling.

So anyway, today im playing some videogames, and my wrist starts to hurt while im playing it, which is why im leaning towards carpal tunnel.

Anyone else have this? Im going to the doctor tomorrow for sure to get it checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and could put my mind at ease as to what to expect from the doctor, im dreading anything serious.

Am i being too optimistic in hoping they tell me to "wait it out" and rest it? or that they will tell me to use some sort of cream and itll be ok?

Tylenol 3's dont help the tingling feeling, but they do help the pain i was having earlier.
THe tingling feeling you have is most likely pressure on a nerve. You have two main nerves coming through the carpal tunnel. The radial nerve innervates the thumb, index, middle, and half the ring finger. The ulnar nerve innervates the other half of the ring finger and pinky. Its a good possiblity that along with the tingling in the pinky, you only have tingling on the HALF of the ring finger adjacent to the pinky..

http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray817.png

Good way to help this on your own is using normal massage techniques on the carpal area. If you feel your forearm just proximal to your palm, you will feel the distal ends of the radius and ulna. In between them and toward your palm a few cm is the area called the Carpal Tunnel. Massage that area with moderate pressure going in circles for 10-15 minutes 3-4 times a day. The entire area of the carpal tunnel is about 1.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. the link I posted above shows where the ulnar nerve is... focus your massaging on that spot.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when a buildup of scar tissue in the carpal tunnel is sufficient enough to cause pressure on a nerve. You most likely don't have the scar tissue buildup classified as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Normally Carpal TUnnel Syndrome starts as tingling/weakness in the hand/fingers that progresses over months and usually years. The sudden onset of yoru symptoms leads me to believe you do not have Carpal Tunnel SYndrome but rather a slight injury in the carpal tunnel area. YOu might possibly have overtaxed one or more of the forearm muscle tendons that run through the carpal tunnel and caused them to become inflamed.

edit, fyi for everyone: WE all have a carpal tunnel. Some of us develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I love to hear people say "I think I might have carpal tunnel" :) YEs I know, just me being trivial..