Swimming vs Running
- 03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
- 03-13-2009, 08:22 AM
not sure how old you are but continue swimmimg .Why? because running will eventually take it out of your knees and most runners i see who run who are older say 50 plus, always look as though they really dont want to do it but feel they have to.
if youve swam all your life , ive no need to tell you that its strength building, ie an anaerobic as well as aerobic exercise.The water provides support and is often recommended for those with arthritic conditions.For all round conditioning , i dont think you can go far wrong with swimming
- 03-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I say do both. Add in cycling and you have yourself the foundation to work on that Ironman.
Seriously - do both.
03-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Took half a dose of Recreate, did legs and finished with a slow 15 minute swim in the pool for a body fat burn. You can't beat Swimming. Go Google swimmer images. What's the name of our American swimmer, the 40 year old woman? She's got the body of a 20 year old. Swimming for the win.
Oh yea...Dara Torres
03-14-2009, 03:38 AM
03-14-2009, 03:42 AM
03-15-2009, 09:31 AM
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
either or! Swimming gets your whole body into it and has a lower impact on your joints! But you cant beat the intensity of a good 3 mile jog
Similar Forum Threads
- By conan1071 in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 05-11-2013, 05:25 AM
- By XJDesertFox in forum Driven SportsReplies: 11Last Post: 02-21-2011, 10:20 AM
- By bkoguy07 in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
- By bigCountry000 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
- By bigCountry000 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2008, 07:02 PM