Oblique help

1. Oblique help

Anybody have any good/favorite exercises for obliques. I have the usual lower abs weakness, but I know much of that is diet, but my obliques aren't quite as thick as I would like. What exercises could help me build them up?

2. Quote Originally Posted by bmw8591 View Post
    Anybody have any good/favorite exercises for obliques. I have the usual lower abs weakness, but I know much of that is diet, but my obliques aren't quite as thick as I would like. What exercises could help me build them up?
    Take up slalom skateboarding or snowboarding. Have fun and at the end of the season your obliques are ripped.
    •   

3. Lol, I wish I lived in colorado or somethin and could go snowboarding all the time. I'd take that workout any day. Only done it a few times, but it's definitely something I'm gonna do every winter!

4. DB Side Bends; Take a 60-70lb DB and drop the dumbell below your knees, and then straighten and focus on contracting you opposite obliques. Do 10 of these at a reasonable tempo like 3/0/x .

5. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    DB Side Bends; Take a 60-70lb DB and drop the dumbell below your knees, and then straighten and focus on contracting you opposite obliques. Do 10 of these at a reasonable tempo like 3/0/x .
    yup,.. but I wouldnt go as high in weight, just higher the reps if you are looking to "build" the obliques but dont want a large, "blocky" waistline as a result. But then again,.. im all about aesthetics.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oblique pain, dizzyness, nausea?
    By Vengeance187 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 07:59 AM
  2. Oblique Workouts
    By D3vildog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
  3. Oblique and lower abs
    By htownfire23 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1