My goal for the fall...realistic??

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I go to ASU West, a smaller campus than ASU main, and it apparently has it's own set of records, etc. So, I saw that the current bench record is 325. I would really love to break this when they have the competition in the fall. I can currently put up 285. Am I effin crazy or does this sound reasonable to you guys?
I would love to break it, and also, they are moving so many of the programs at West to the main campus starting in the spring, so enrollment in West will be way down, and the chances of someone breaking the new record will be significantly lower!! LOL

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Depends on if that 285 is Competition form. If so, you could definitly reach your goal, but it would take prioritizing bench. It just depends on if your goals right now are overall fitness/strength or your willing to put the time into getting your bench up.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I would think so if you add on some weight (muscle and fat) that you should be able to. I don't see this as unrealistic as all. But as said above, you will need to focus more on your chest over the next few months

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Depends on if that 285 is Competition form. If so, you could definitly reach your goal, but it would take prioritizing bench. It just depends on if your goals right now are overall fitness/strength or your willing to put the time into getting your bench up.
It's all the way down to my chest in a controlled manner and a full lockout. Is anything else necessary to qualify it as competition form?
Would you recommend I start doing heavy triples or something like that? thx

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
And my ass and upper back are always touching the bench.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It's all the way down to my chest in a controlled manner and a full lockout. Is anything else necessary to qualify it as competition form?
Would you recommend I start doing heavy triples or something like that? thx
If its touch and go like this, then you've got good form.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ALL2yls5I&feature=related"]YouTube - How To Bench Press Correctly[/ame]

There's a myriad of different bench programs out there, I would say do research on a few, try them out for a week or 2, then stick with one you like untill you reach your goal, simple as pie.

fieldt76

Awards
I assume the rules would be like a powerlifting competition and I think you have to pause at the bottom until they tell you to press. Note: I have never powerlifted or even seen a competition. Can anyone clear this up?

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
sounds good future, thanks for the help

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
No prob, hope everything works out for ya.